Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of E/L Relativity ?
It is a good tool -Something I will include in my decision making procedure 10 52.63%
Its not presented properly I don't see what is being descriped 3 15.79%
The creator is trying to help the group 1 5.26%
The creator is full of it 5 26.32%
Its interesting But I am realy just reading to see the creator dodge and tap dance around questions 1 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2006, 09:48 AM   #1
tompkins
Grade 1
 
tompkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 708
e/l relativity

one doesn't often see such a "clear cut" image of relatively earlier e/l's to total energy, but in the Fountain of Youth, check the e/'ls to finish here.
Pgm Horse Jockey Win Place Show
6 First Samurai Edgar S. Prado 3.40 2.60 2.20
10 Flashy Bull Rafael Bejarano 6.20 3.80
7 Corinthian Javier Castellano 4.00
Attached Images
 
__________________
velocititian
tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:26 AM   #2
admin
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,643
Mr Tompkins
I have been helping a friend
He is from Columbia and has been to the race track 4 times in his life 3 of those times sitting with me working with Val 3
He wants to learn what I'm doing
I came across a horse like this at Tampa on Saturday
I told him when you get a horse like this that will pay
$3.40

Your really just playing Red or Black like in Roulette

Either you win or lose and you have to bet a lot to win a little

I have no idea what your showing
all I see is the winner paid $3.40 and its Early Late was - 4.4
in a 9.0 race for what I guess is for young horses

all these facts I see says the 6 looks like a strong horse
what else are you trying to say

Thanks Bill

Last edited by admin; 03-08-2006 at 11:28 AM.
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:44 AM   #3
tompkins
Grade 1
 
tompkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 708
confident

I was so confident that this HANDICAPPING PROCESS, which is very obvious (top three most positive e/l numbers) would be denegrated that I wrote the response ahead of time and kept it handy.

A HANDICAPPING PROCESS is mutually exclusive from a WAGERING PROCESS and since we are discussing here HANDICAPPING PROCESSES, that is what this is presented as without cherry picking a race for "slapping on the back" bravado and recognition of the mutuels. If one looked hard enough I could have done that as well.

HANDICAPPING PROCESSES allow one to see "order within chaos" above and beyond what the crowd sees. IF that HANDICAPPING PROCESS is just as obvious to the crowd then the WAGERING PROCESS is modified or passed altogether, but that does not change the HANDICAPPING PROCESS: the principles are extant no matter the WAGERING OPPORTUNITIES.
__________________
velocititian

Last edited by tompkins; 03-08-2006 at 11:48 AM.
tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:58 AM   #4
tompkins
Grade 1
 
tompkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 708
a quote

A quote from the original post: "check the e/'ls to finish here."


right there for all to see
__________________
velocititian
tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:31 PM   #5
admin
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,643
Mr Tompkins
I did not denigrate I'm very troubled by your answer
Lets look at it from the readers of this forums point of view
Which forgive me but I am concerned about what gets posted here only in that I want people to get something out of post
especially when screen shots are attached

all I was wondering was, What was your reason to post a screen shot of
the late/early graph
in which there was as you say a relatively small gap in the readouts
and total energy that comes from a race that was won by a $3.40 horse?
I see the top 4 (as you call it) - I call it the 4 nearest to the center /or the 4 that used there energy most evenly throughout the race .
I see these 4 horses separated by a very small 3.2
from the low 3.0 for horse 10 to a high 6.2 for the winner # 6
I see a graph with no wild extreme early's that I agree are most of the time dead give away's to bet against and I see no wild late or counter energy horses to overtake a early duel and in this case lead to a big mutual and plentiful exacta possibility

All that said you posted this

HANDICAPPING PROCESSES allow one to see "order within chaos" above and beyond what the crowd sees. IF that HANDICAPPING PROCESS is just as obvious to the crowd then the WAGERING PROCESS is modified or passed altogether, but that does not change the HANDICAPPING PROCESS: the principles are extant no matter the WAGERING OPPORTUNITIES.

I have a idea what your trying to say But here
is my question what are you showing ?
why did you feel showing a very nondescript (to the more advance users )
and also a the same time give no explanation to the newbies o
I don't feel I have denigrated your post

all I'm doing is discussing your post as I have no idea what your showing

Thanks
Bill

Last edited by admin; 03-08-2006 at 04:35 PM.
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:35 PM   #6
tompkins
Grade 1
 
tompkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 708
top three e/l's, finish One Two Three....classic "thin slicing" a race..Just happened in the 8th at Aqueuduct where the top two e/l's ran first and third: order within chaos.....Pattern repeats and repeats
__________________
velocititian

Last edited by tompkins; 03-08-2006 at 04:43 PM.
tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:27 PM   #7
admin
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,643
Thats nice

Sir
Anytime you want to be curtious and answer a direct question I will listen

Thank You
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 06:02 PM   #8
tompkins
Grade 1
 
tompkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompkins
top three e/l's, finish One Two Three....
I don't know how many OTHER ways I can state it, curteously or otherwise VERY OFTEN the answer to the ENTIRE race is found on this single screen
__________________
velocititian

Last edited by tompkins; 03-08-2006 at 06:06 PM.
tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 06:39 PM   #9
admin
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,643
If

But not on BL/BL? How is that possible?
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:34 PM   #10
kiltman
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Southeast Arizona
Posts: 126
E/l

Tompkins you got me really confused as to why you post a winner at 3.40 cents. The methodology says you dont even bet a horse at this price. Maybe Im messed up but I wouldnt have bet that horse (if I even bet the race).
That is my take on it anyway.
kiltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:14 PM.