Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2006, 12:14 PM   #1
alydar_ David
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,654
Horse Matchups

Are you playing the Horse Matchups at Pinnacle? They're an outrageously good deal. Talk about track take, sometimes there isn't any. And often they give you odds!

Many times the horse I think will win is the underdog and they give me odds.

For example, today I played all ten Matchups at SAR and DMR. I have the long lay odds in 7 out of 10 races. Note, this is the horse I think will beat the other horse; it's not an odds play --I'd gladly accept even money and yet I'm getting odds.

In the other three races I'm laying odds, but still consider them good bets (or I'd pass).

The best part is my horse doesn't have to win the race. All he has to do is beat the other horse. If my horse comes tenth and the other horse comes eleventh, I still win.

The other day I got hammered at Saratoga making win bets, but cleaned up on Horse Matchups, ending the day with a tidy profit.

To illustrate, here's one the long lay bets I like at DMR today:
Attached Images
 
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:32 PM   #2
alydar_ David
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,654
I'll anticipate the "lay odds" question some of you undoubtedly have.

The "lay odds" are locked-in bets you make. They are not parimutuel wagers subject to pools. The bet payoff doesn't change. This is like the old style bets bookmakers used to accept.

In the above Del Mar example I'm betting Bonafante to beat Railroad. The lay odds are +122.

That means you'll win $122 for every $100 wagered if you win the bet.

So, that $50 wager shown above will return the original $50 bet plus a profit a $61 = $111 coming back if Bonafante beats Railroad.

---

If the lays odds are negative, like -108, then you'd get back $46.30 for every $50 bet (plus your original $50).

[This is the lay I got in the seventh race at Saratoga today. My future wager is Prince Raffie beating One Good Man]
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Early Horse THE HAT Hat Check - How Can We Help You? 18 07-24-2006 03:12 PM
Contender selection / New ideas relating to software input RichieP Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 19 07-08-2006 09:31 PM
Matching without adding beaten lenghts RichieP Hat Check - How Can We Help You? 16 07-02-2006 11:11 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:30 PM.