Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2025, 03:15 PM   #1
jdcaldwell
AlwNW2X
 
jdcaldwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 28
Back at it

Back at handicapping after about five years. Relearning the methodology. Picked a couple winners in a handful of races at Parx today. Didn't win any money. I have a lot to learn. Now to go back and see where I went wrong. Had a whole lot of fun, nonetheless.

-Jeff
jdcaldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2025, 03:18 PM   #2
Lt1
Grade 1
 
Lt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Valley Stream NY
Posts: 11,452
Welcome back Jeff. May your enjoy your stay with many profitable days.
Tim
__________________
Trust but verify
Lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2025, 04:09 PM   #3
jdcaldwell
AlwNW2X
 
jdcaldwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 28
Thanks for the encouragement, Tim.
jdcaldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2025, 08:59 PM   #4
jdcaldwell
AlwNW2X
 
jdcaldwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 28
Well I was back at it today for Round 2. This time at Fair Grounds. I only handicapped a handful of races before I was aware of the sloppy conditions (lesson learned to check first). How do you guys handicap a sloppy course, if at all?

Anyway, I had enough success to give me some confidence in what I am doing.

Race 1: 7-4-2-1
Bet 4 and 2 because 7 was favorite (8/5).
The 4-3-2-1 finish paid $14.40

Race 2: 3-7-2-6
Again bet 2 and 7 because 3 was favorite (1:1)
The 2-1-4-6 finish paid $18.20

Race 3: Did not bet the Maiden race that was moved from turf to dirt.

Race 4: 5-7-6-2
Bet 5 and 7
6-3-5-2 finish paid $4.80 to the winner, but not to me.

From there I called it a day. I can usually only spend about 4-5 hours up and about at a time. I'm not sure about my betting strategy but it worked today and gave me confidence going forward. Have a lot to learn, such as checking the track conditions and paying more attention to the class.

-Jeff

Last edited by jdcaldwell; 01-10-2025 at 09:03 PM.
jdcaldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2025, 11:36 PM   #5
MJS6916
Grade 1
 
MJS6916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 440
Hello Jeff,

Good to see you did well 🙂

Mike 😀
__________________
just keeping my trajectory in the positive

http://sartinmethodology.com/pubs/RD...d_Glossary.pdf
MJS6916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2025, 12:49 AM   #6
jdcaldwell
AlwNW2X
 
jdcaldwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 28
Thanks Mike.
jdcaldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Back To Back Good DDS LRL R9-10 & R10 & 11 10-12 Lt1 Races of Interest 0 10-12-2024 07:40 PM
Wagercapping - Follow Up Articles Ted Craven Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 19 03-22-2010 05:06 PM
Giving Back to the Pace and Cap Members clavezza General Discussion 7 06-18-2009 12:06 PM
How looking back on lost races can mess with our “intuition” – Part II mamojica Matchup Discussion 5 06-01-2009 12:43 PM
Can't get old RDSS back. froggy RDSS 3 01-11-2009 10:43 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:18 AM.