Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
pktruckdriver
Grade 1
 
pktruckdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
Fathers Day at Finger Lakes

I have not heard from Tom since yesterday, but I am going anyway.

Thank you all for your help yesterday, my paceline selection was not all that great, but I did follow up and went back to look at Mike's selections, as he was pretty right on, and I thank him too, but I went back to see how he did it , and I was able to come up with his horse's not always in the order he gave them out but they were in the top 3.

Today I could still use some help, the QP is today, and I was kinda looking at it last night,

my top 2 were 4,11, and then 8, 1, 7 , but then I am not sure about a few things and feel a few of the others may be good too, as the #8 wins the segment part, as #11 BL/BL and then #1 adjusted and TPR+E/L, the # 4 is on top of everything else, so I am confused a bit.


These horses are pretty easy to pick Pacelines for as they have only a few, but FL, or Mtr seem to be harder as we have plenty of horses that are coming in off long layoffs, that is when I get a little worried about what to choose, and tend to lean towards a race with todays distance !st, then one where it was within a cycle, not just the best one, but then sometimes you want the hporses best possible , see how I get confused, not too hard for me. Shippers from other tracks , better tracks seem to be just that better tracks and pacelines are what they adjusted for this track today, is that correct, so finding a line is still a art form, that either lost of practice or coin flipping, dart throwing or many other forms of chance can be used to get the right one, especially if one obvious one is not available, like sprinter only, no turf race lines, router only, no recent races, and no current race distances to choose from either, so how does one make the right choice each time, what else would he look for?

I still have not been able to work any races except with Ted, and of course he picked a nice TRi, which we did not play, and always had the exacta, as well as the winner, at MTR we played, he did a great job teaching me, got me up to speed quickly.

So Happy Fathers Day all and if you play today win lots and have great luck, be thankful and enjoy this wonderful day.

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:55 AM   #2
For The Lead
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver View Post
Thank you all for your help yesterday, my paceline selection was not all that great, but I did follow up and went back to look at Mike's selections, as he was pretty right on, and I thank him too, but I went back to see how he did it , and I was able to come up with his horse's not always in the order he gave them out but they were in the top 3.
These horses are pretty easy to pick Pacelines for as they have only a few, but FL, or Mtr seem to be harder as we have plenty of horses that are coming in off long layoffs, that is when I get a little worried about what to choose, and tend to lean towards a race with todays distance !st, then one where it was within a cycle, not just the best one, but then sometimes you want the hporses best possible , see how I get confused, not too hard for me. Shippers from other tracks , better tracks seem to be just that better tracks and pacelines are what they adjusted for this track today, is that correct, so finding a line is still a art form, that either lost of practice or coin flipping, dart throwing or many other forms of chance can be used to get the right one, especially if one obvious one is not available, like sprinter only, no turf race lines, router only, no recent races, and no current race distances to choose from either, so how does one make the right choice each time, what else would he look for?
Patrick
I will refrain from adding my own personal two cents to this ( so as not to confuse you further ) and suggest that to begin with, just follow the guidelines. That is, "best of last 3, distance surface". Once you are comfortable with that, you can either stay with it, because you are happy with your results OR experiment a little, while monitoring your results. In time you will develop your own method of picking pace lines.
REMEMBER, if you don't like the race, you can always PASS IT!

Good Luck!
__________________
"It's suppose to be hard. If it was easy, everybody would do it." Jimmy Dugan, A League of Their Own
For The Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:56 PM   #3
pktruckdriver
Grade 1
 
pktruckdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Lead View Post
I will refrain from adding my own personal two cents to this ( so as not to confuse you further ) and suggest that to begin with, just follow the guidelines. That is, "best of last 3, distance surface". Once you are comfortable with that, you can either stay with it, because you are happy with your results OR experiment a little, while monitoring your results. In time you will develop your own method of picking pace lines.
REMEMBER, if you don't like the race, you can always PASS IT!

Good Luck!
Thank you for reminging me of the best rule out there PASS PASS PASS
Something I forgot, and should never forget, learn to PASS, even if it means no plays today, except today I play, starting tomorrow I mean, lol.

thank you for your response, passing is very Important, and I must learn it.

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:37 PM   #4
pktruckdriver
Grade 1
 
pktruckdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
Well we are here , me and Tom, so far a Pass and one minor bet in the 2nd.


I will let you know how we do later.

Good luck today all

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:51 PM   #5
pktruckdriver
Grade 1
 
pktruckdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
Update

Tom had great day and so did I , I doubled my bankroll, and still live for P4 , but with the 2/8,14 after the QP, so now you will know if I hit that too, but I must wait around now, but that is okay if I do not play, just wait.

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:57 PM   #6
tom
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 644
Nothing like a 14-1 shot to start your day!
Great day, played 4 out of 6 and hit three of them. Patrick brought me good luck.

Ran into Mike there, and Dave from Equitec stopped by to say hello.
Fun day, and a really nice Mounties show at WO on the TV.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:24 AM   #7
MIKE
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 196
Tom--PKtruck

Tom, it was great to see you at the TRACK.
Patrick, it was great meeting you!!
--sorry that I had to run, but like I told you Patrick, Tom knows
what's going on !!
--sounds like you guys had a great day at the THUMB

Mike
MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finger Lakes Fun 6/20-6/21 pktruckdriver General Discussion 21 06-21-2009 09:44 AM
Saturday Collective/ Positional on the lead projected pace races RichieP Matchup Discussion 92 06-07-2009 04:39 PM
Finger Lakes 11/21/08 jwolpert Selections 2 11-21-2008 01:40 PM
picks 10\17 albatross Selections 33 10-18-2008 01:50 PM
mon sept 22 Rverge Selections 13 09-22-2008 02:09 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 AM.