|
|
|
|
|||||||
| Google Site Search | Get RDSSGet RDSS | Sartin Library | RDSS FAQs | Conduct | Register | Site FAQ | Members List | Today's Posts | Search |
| Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
#1 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
|
Columbus Day Monmouth Dirt Route - TM 106
Here is the 5th on Monday from Monmouth
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!" |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
|
,,
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!" |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Posts: 2,498
|
scratch 1A
Lots of questions in this one for me, but here goes:
1 EP 2 P 3 EP 4 E 5 E/P 6 E-TURF- 7 S The best races for the 4 are on the lead. the midsummer race, line 4 shows a win off a 111.7, but its the fastest race for this horse and probably influenced by hard track as paces since then are 112 give or take. This horse appears to outbreak the 5 having started 2nd and 3rd. The 5 does not need lead, but its line 2 looks to be repeatable and it will fight for the lead, so my pace today is: 23.5 - 47.6 - 111.6 The mystery horse for me is the 6, as far as we know a turf only horse that needs open lengths; has been successful running 134.4 mile times and 135.4 in its last. The 6 furlong time has been in the high 110's, which is better than this field. The best of the rest converting to mile times is the 3 = 137.3. In order the best showings of this field are off 2nd call times of 111.2, 112.7, 111.6, 111.7, 111.6 and for the 7 112.2 I think that this provides enough cushion to take the 6 as the primary pick. although this horse has been hiding in starter handicaps for 16K. The 4 and 5 have won at NW1X level, but more recently at or near this race level. The 3 runs from 5th so with the 4-5-6 looking to combat the lead, he will be my second choice. So 6 and 3. Good luck |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 3,952
|
scratch 1a
5-3 for me
__________________
Never bet a favorite doing something for the first time-Harvey Pack Last edited by mikesal57; 10-10-2011 at 01:07 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 611
|
Hey guys, I’m going to get back to a “horse vs horse” matchup style here and see if that helps me…
I projected the pace at about 47.0 112.0 and I see several e/p types and as Bill said the mystery 6 horse, an E coming off of the turf. 1 vs 2 I’ll take the 2. #1 used to run well against 47 111 but recently has failed against slower and runs really close to the pace and will have to deal with the 6. #2 has run well from 4th and 5th at 1C and seems to be a better fit for this race. 2 vs 3 I’ll take #3. Has run well from 2nd 4th and 5th at 1C and has a faster power line (4) than the 2. 3 vs 4 Still on #3, the 4 usually likes to be up closer to the pace and should deal with too much pressure imo here. 3 vs 5 5 is another who likes to be 1-2-3 early. This one ran against the dirt fplr and did pretty well. This decision comes down to my feeling that there will be too much pressure by the 6, so I will still take the 3. 3 vs 6 this may be the race. Early or ote? The 6 fought against a faster pace than the others can handle on turf. My gut feel is for ote though and I will stick with the 3. 3 vs 7 7 is a deep closer. I focused in on line 5 and when I compared this to the 3’s power line I prefer the 3. #3 is my pick. |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Posts: 2,498
|
And the winner is....
The 3 hoss;
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
|
EVERYONE is a winner here! Nice work man
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!" |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| July 4th, Monmouth 11 furlong route on turf | Bill Lyster | Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum | 6 | 07-05-2009 10:08 AM |
|