Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2006, 12:37 AM   #1
Turbulator
Grade 1
 
Turbulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 467
An Interesting Tandem Race

When I saw this race I immediately thought of Binder. This is the type of race I used to encounter frequently when I was playing at Longacres back in the 80s and 90s. They gave me headaches then. They shouldn't be as much of a problem now, but this race was a puzzle, so I passed.

The fact is I didn't know what to do. I felt like I should be able to figure it out without too much problem. When I saw all of thoses tandem horses, I thought "yummy."

So, some things to think about. Do you throw out all of the tandem horses and go with someone else? Or, do you pick one of the tandem horses--if yes--which one? Five horses came from a last race tandem. And there are other tandems as well.

Everyone who would like to work the race go ahead. All comments are welcome. Have a question? Ask away. Give and take is how you learn. I'll post some comments and the result chart on Monday or Tuesday.

Of course I would love to hear The Hat's comments as well.

Good luck,

Steve

The Conditions
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Turbulator; 10-29-2006 at 12:52 AM.
Turbulator is offline  
Old 10-29-2006, 12:40 AM   #2
Turbulator
Grade 1
 
Turbulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 467
The one horse
Attached Images
 
Turbulator is offline  
Old 10-29-2006, 12:40 AM   #3
Turbulator
Grade 1
 
Turbulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 467
The two horse.
Attached Images
 
Turbulator is offline  
Old 10-29-2006, 12:43 AM   #4
Turbulator
Grade 1
 
Turbulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 467
The Three
Attached Images
 
Turbulator is offline  
Old 10-29-2006, 12:44 AM   #5
Turbulator
Grade 1
 
Turbulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 467
The Four.
Attached Images
 
Turbulator is offline  
Old 10-29-2006, 12:45 AM   #6
Turbulator
Grade 1
 
Turbulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 467
Number five.
Attached Images
 
Turbulator is offline  
Old 10-29-2006, 07:55 AM   #7
gl45
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 878
Steve,
Just a quick look.
If today race run as the Tandem, I would pick #8 to win.
Pino
gl45 is offline  
Old 10-29-2006, 08:42 AM   #8
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Here is my look

1 - Tandem winner -in
2 - slow -out
3 - slow - out
4 - early - will push the 5 - they cancel one another -out
5 - early - will be pushed by the 4 into 22 and change -45 and change - out
6 - in
7 - in
8 - I know Emd is faster than No cal track - not sure by how much but this is enough to call him slow - out
9 - pig -out

that leaves 1-6-7 as final mix

I want to bet the horse closest to the lead from these.

The 6 is now gone - positions of 9-7 and 7-6 ( below) leave him farthest out so he's gone - out

down to 1 and 7
1 is super solid - Position 3-3-1 from last

7 is farther out in last but shows 3 races from below where positionally he can be at least as close as the 1 . the 8th race back beats the 1 positionally
3-2-1 and that race was from 110 2c pace.

I would pass the race as I am basically guessing now tween the 1 and 7. I dont bet races like this anymore.

PASS

Rich
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline  
Old 10-29-2006, 11:04 AM   #9
admin
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,643
No clue

Steve I have no clue I am doing bad with tandems
I see them they freak me out and I have a mental block
If anything they are taking away any edge I had before
I could probably work with some other tools like
APV and the VDC readout If I was doing the race
live This format of showing the race "Hat style"
is what it is

this one is a pass
admin is offline  
Old 10-29-2006, 06:51 PM   #10
Jonathan Steele
Grade 1
 
Jonathan Steele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 471
Bill,

Hi. Have you ever considered the guidelines regarding tandem horses contained in Michael Pizzolla's Reversal Protocol? Perhaps that may help clarify things.

All the best,

Jon
Jonathan Steele is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Variants / Interesting article RichieP Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 2 07-05-2006 10:22 AM
The Tandem Race RichieP Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 5 06-06-2006 09:23 AM
interesting name tompkins Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 0 06-02-2006 03:14 PM
Interesting Balance Numbers Turbulator Speculator 3 05-05-2006 04:30 AM
the tandem tompkins Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 5 02-03-2006 11:44 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:04 PM.