Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2008, 06:15 AM   #1
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
Race 8 Saratoga 8608

Hi Ted

I used line 1 for both the 1 Horse and 5 Horse
The 5 rates better on BLBL

Nice call on the 1
any explanation why you used the 1 over the 5?

Thanks Good work on hitting the exacta

Bill


Bill V. is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 07:48 AM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
Hi Ted

I used line 1 for both the 1 Horse and 5 Horse
The 5 rates better on BLBL

Nice call on the 1
any explanation why you used the 1 over the 5?
Bill,

As I mentioned in my email, I did that race afterwards and didn't bet it.

2 reasons for noticing the #1:

for the #4 (the lone visual E) I used line 4 (best Perceptor Total, also best Tpp, Hidden). This made the #1 the very best at the 1st 2 calls on Segments CBL, also most opposite (least Late) on the E/L - and I always try to find a reason not to eliminate these types for in-the-money, even if they have lower Total Energies.

When I eliminated to 5 horses, thus, I eliminated the #4 and chose to eliminate the #5 because all its races after coming to North America were severely underwhelming.

I then had this:




#1 Belle looked most 'opposite' to likely Winners. I agree it depends on what line is chosen for the #4. If you use the last line for the #4, it becomes the best at the 1st 2 calls Segments screen, then the #1 doesn't look as outstanding or opposite.

I think it's a question of rigour: if I use the same decision making rule set each time, I get some and miss some others. When trying to select lines to represent a horse today, I do like to err on the side of a Turfer's better L/ep, Tpp and Hidden (and considering Total Energy and Perceptor Line Score).

FWIW, I really would have looked hard at the #10 to see why it should be a candidate to Win today at first asking after its layoff. Not really too big a question, as the #2 and #8 seemed pretty clear.

yours,

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 06:44 PM   #3
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
much better

Hi Ted
Thank you for that clear explanation

I am on the road so If you refer to my post from the selections area
Bill selection post it will help

I sure don't come up with my contenders or lines anything as
sophisticated as you do

But as you said you do,. I do the same procedure ( as basic as it is )all the time
I stepped right past the winner in tier 2
I have a problem betting turf horses- More so at longer distance that have better ep ratings than Lp

Using my "binder method" I went with the 2 horse between the top 2
rated 2 and 8

For my second win bet I went to the 4th rated 10 Horse
It was the "red " # 1 Class rated horse and as my post shows
I went with the better readouts in LP Hidden and Total energy

I didn't see much in the tier 3 # 5 horse
I thought the 10 was better than the 8 for reasons already mentioned
so The binder pick was tier 1 and 4

I saw the layoff , maybe your right I may have been asking a
horse to do too much with a 3 vdc readout I think Doc mentions
no fear of layoff horses tier 1 and 2 VDC
but not Tier 3

anyway your way seems a much better way

Putting in lines and hoping they run to the readouts
works for me

Looking to learn
Bill
Bill V. is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saratoga Race 7 mikesal57 Selections 23 08-01-2008 06:38 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:46 AM.