Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion Phase III/MPH, Synergism, Energy, Kgen, Entropy, Thoromation, Phase I, Quad-Rater, PaceLauncher, Synthesis, Validator, Val4, Speculator, etc ...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2026, 02:05 PM   #1
ray lopez
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,133
5/13 IND r7 Energy

5/13 IND r7

Contenders -Line

2 Latigo -3
3 Sleepy -1
5 Win -1
7 Molly -4
10 Slam -1

The pace will be fast with a high potential for a meltdown.
I'm going to give my guess...

Bet to win...
3- Sleepy ...won 5 in a row...
5 - Win
Attached Images
 
ray lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2026, 02:15 PM   #2
shoeless
Grade 1
 
shoeless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,640
Thanks Ray, I'm guessing 5 will be bet down
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2026, 02:20 PM   #3
ray lopez
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,133
3-horse exacta box...5/3/10...
good luck.
ray lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2026, 02:58 PM   #4
shoeless
Grade 1
 
shoeless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,640
Thanks Ray
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2026, 04:51 PM   #5
DanBoals
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 450
Hi Ray
Do Indianapolis Stakes races usually go to the favorite?
The 3 really looks strong.

36 days back, here at Ind, they were in a tandem race at 5.5f at this class and the 3 won by a neck over the 5, looks like they battled the whole 5.5f - i am not a tandem guy, but isn't the 5 supposed to win the rematch?

then 6.8 to 12 lengths behind them were the 4, 2, 9 and 7
the 4 ran a good race 12 days ago with strong F2 move

in a previous tandem 6 months back, the 3 beat the 6 by 1.8 lengths
9 months back in another tandem, the 3 beat the 10 by 1.3 lengths

i can't see where any of these horses have ever beaten the 3 - he has beaten the - 2,4,5,6,7,9, and 10

the 1 and 8 are scratched

the 12 is a router who seems to be taking a sprint to come off the layoff
the 6 and 12 have been off for 6 months and more, so not sure they will have the strong finish needed

the 11 has beaten some of these horses in tandem races before in 2025 and back - the 11 will need a smoking hot early pace to win from sustained

my guess is the 3 will be 2 to 5 or lower in odds
if the 10 and 5 force the early pace, what will the 3 do? press would be smart, but doesn't the 3 like to be early, is it a need to lead horse?

if the early is brutal - i think there is a chance the 11 will win
if the early is reasonable - my guess would be the 3 or 5 win, then 11 to place, then 3 or 5 to show

it will be interesting to see if the 4's hidden TT/F2 move 12 days ago indicate it improved or not

the 5th race ran early, but then maiden claimers usually do

I do not know this track well enough... that is obvious

I am going to go on the assumption that the 3 needs to lead and the the 5 and 10 will really push him, maybe the 4 to joining in after the first quarter mile. Will the 11 get up in time? If the odds look good I would put a bet on it. 11 to win with 3,4,5 itm.

Otherwise I see either the 3 or 5 winning with the 4 and 11 finishing behind. That will be low paying i am sure.

Interesting race, is Indianapolis like this a lot? I like the larger field for sure.
DanBoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2026, 05:13 PM   #6
ray lopez
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,133
no win bets as 3 is even money.... with 4 min to post....

I'll put an exacta bet for my wife... the 3 is the key over 5/10 for just a small fun bet for her...
ray lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2026, 06:23 PM   #7
DanBoals
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 450
Wow... kudos for the 6 for winning this off a 6 month layoff

The 10 had the best F1 in RDSS, but I would never in a million years have expected the race to run 23 and 46 for the first two fractions. Very slow imo, but I do not know this track at all.

It is definitely an interesting track.
DanBoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2026, 07:09 PM   #8
ray lopez
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,133
Thanks for joining in,Dan...
I'd like to say goodbye for now.There's not much going on in this old program section...I am going to concentrate on handicapping and playing as the summer is the best time to enjoy it.
Good luck to you all.
ray lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2026, 09:19 AM   #9
ray lopez
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,133
It's just me and Jeff(shoeless) that try to keep it going...and we appreciate some of the members that join in once in awhile even though they use RDSS...but it gets frustrating because i know there are still users of the old programs,but they prefer to just read and not participate...
ray lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2026, 12:34 PM   #10
DanBoals
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 450
Hey Ray
Seriously man, your efforts are appreciated. You have helped me with your posts.

I was never involved in the Energy phase/program, but because of your posts, I went back and read up on it. I now kind of understand it and I think I am better for that. Part of the problem is that Howard is obviously trying to obscure things in the manuals so he would not be pirated - but this obscuring meant many people would not understand it, one of the reasons he went broke.

I hope you don't give up on us, but a lot of us weren't there for the early work in the methodology and it takes a while to learn it, or at least it did for me. The idea behind the energy program is really solid and I like I said, if it were not for you, I would have never gone back and looked at it and read up on it and tried to understand it.

For me, the old programs are just so much work. I depend heavily on my records and the old programs require you do all record keeping by hand, which is a lot, I track everything. I told Jeff I was going to try to make an AI Agent / Assistant to help me keep records so I can see if there are profitable patterns. Maybe if I figure out how to do that, I can teach it to farm the outputs of the older Sartin software and build spreadsheets of what happened.

I hope if you do take a break, and it would be well deserved, you and Jeff really do keep this area alive; that the break will be short and you will come back refreshed. You are keeping alive the software history of the Sartin methodology and I see a lot of value in that. Just like Ted keeping the written history of the follow-ups, the lectures and the manuals on the website is a valuable thing.

If there is something I can do, please let me know. I think you and Jeff are an incredibly important part of the modern Sartin family.
DanBoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Huey Mahl's Physics proof elaborated lone speed Matchup Discussion 19 06-16-2016 01:13 PM
'Running Style' Discussion - Changed Styles mikesal57 RDSS2 / FAQ's 8 07-05-2012 04:44 PM
Total Energy / Total Speed TS Bill V. Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion 1 11-25-2011 10:08 PM
Items on BL BL screen and Pace Balance speed CC Brown RDSS 19 03-28-2011 05:12 PM
Saratoga 2010 - Workbook for the Seminar Ted Craven 2010 9 08-28-2010 04:13 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:45 AM.