Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
ranchwest
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,489
Keep your confidence

If you're winning most of the time, keep your confidence up.

I've been doing fairly well recently, but today I couldn't pick my nose. I wasn't even playing exotics and I couldn't hit squat. I was beginning to get a bit discouraged after letting all of the wet surfaces around the country eat my lunch.

Then came the Woodstock Stakes at Woodbine. I decided to play my first exacta of the day with what is probably a strategy as old as the exacta wager itself. The two speed horses on top and add the biggest closer underneath. So, it was 1,7/1,5,7.

Surely a lot of people used this simple strategy, right? Wrong.

The exacta paid $110.75 on a buck and I was suddenly up by a good margin on the day.

Just know that your race is coming. Keep your confidence up. Play what your program suggests after you've put your heart into the race.

Good luck to you and my apologies if this seems like redboarding. That's not my intent -- I just want to encourage everyone to hang in there, even on the tough days.
ranchwest is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:51 PM.