Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2010, 11:36 PM   #1
classhandicapper
AlwNW3X
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 47
Bet Size when Betting more than 1 Horse

In general I try to keep my best size as flat as possible to avoid mistakes. Typically, I bet one horse to win. However, sometimes when I really dislike a favorite and don't feel that I have a firm grip on the chances of each of the real contenders, I'll bet 2 or even 3 horses to win.

In the latter instance, a thing that's been bothering me for years is not knowing whether I am better off betting my usual unit on each horse I like or dividing the unit into 2 or 3 and putting the usual unit into the race in total.

If I bet my usual unit on each horse I feel like I may be putting more money into a race than I am comfortable with. But if I divide by 2 or 3 I feel like I'm not staying true my my flat betting and not having enough money on some of my potentially most lucrative opinions.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by classhandicapper; 10-12-2010 at 11:41 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MTH 7/2 - Race 4 SilentRun RDSS 17 07-03-2010 08:58 PM
Sam Houston Race 3 Thurs 12/17 mikesal57 Matchup Discussion 15 12-18-2009 08:46 AM
The Match-Up After Six Months mamojica Matchup Discussion 4 10-04-2009 10:53 PM
Jim Bradshaw's 5 Step Approach to learning the Matchup RichieP Hat Check - How Can We Help You? 1 05-25-2009 09:52 AM
Results from Saratoga 50% win on one horse CC Brown RDSS 8 08-07-2008 12:41 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47 AM.