Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
joefour
AlwNW3X
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 49
Pace Projection

Hi All,

I have been learning the Mathup for a number of months now, with varying degrees of success. Today I reread the 5 steps again and realized there is a point in there that I must have glossed over before and am hoping that one of you who is better versed in the Matchup than I am can explain this point to me. Here is the quote, verbatim: "1. First, decide the horse that is likely to take the lead. In picking the horse that is going to take the lead, find a horse that has truly been on the lead at the first call. In the event none of the horses definitely had the lead, use a time where a horse tried for the lead or was up close. Next, find a horse that was in the lead at the second call. Use the same procedure explained in finding the first call. Next, find a final time that matches the first two calls, and you have the projected pace of today's race. Never add beaten lengths to any of the fractional calls. Horses that do not match today's pace will have difficulty winning."

My question concerns the section that I have typed in boldface. Are we talking about the last race only, or any recent race, or any of the races? Same question for finding the final time; does it mean recent, or anywhere in the PPs? This has gotten me confused, and I would really like to get the Matchup down pat. I have searched through the threads, looking for an example or explanation. Maybe I missed it somehow. Any steering in the right direction to an answer would be greatly appreciated.
joefour is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Using RDSS with a sample race in my learning (Apr 13, 2013 - OP Race 2) NeedForSpeed RDSS 5 06-13-2013 02:28 PM
The Importance Of An Automatic Accurate Pace Projection Feature In Your Software partsnut Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 13 01-10-2013 01:24 PM
Pace Projection partsnut Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 4 12-19-2011 12:35 PM
pace projection albatross Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 10 10-08-2009 12:21 PM
Jim Bradshaw's 5 Step Approach to learning the Matchup RichieP Hat Check - How Can We Help You? 1 05-25-2009 09:52 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:02 PM.