Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
Seven Furlongs
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 115
Route Races

Hello,

I used to post under Zip Zap, but due to a hiatus as a result of personal matters I decided to get back in to handicapping the races. I decided to change user names because I forgot the old one.

I have been trying to make sense of the races the last little while and I have decided to return to the perspective that makes the most sense to me - The Hat's Match-Up. I have had a little success with it, as I nabbed the 2nd race at Aqueduct today and the 7th and 8th races yesterday while betting 1 horse, but what I have found to be a struggle with re-acquainting myself with the match-up is that I can't make sense of most route races, either dirt or turf.

I have done Mind's Eye 1 and will start Mind's Eye 2 today, in addition to reviewing the Red Manual and the Five Steps. My procedure is as follows:

-scan the pps to find the early horse(s) that will set the 1st call.
-do the same for the 2nd call.
-project a pace from the 1st and 2nd calls.
-use that pace to determine the likely contenders.
-from those contenders look to see if the race runs early or other than early.


What I have trouble with in route races is that there is less of a likelihood of a front runner as you so readily find in sprints. Because of this, I find it hard to get a good sense of what the 1st and 2nd calls project to be. Also, I struggle to adjust what a 1 turn mile pace line would look like in a 2 turn route. As for the turf, I find the pacelines to appear to be a bit more erratic, which makes it difficult at times to find a secure 1st and 2nd call that can be projected.

Any advice on the use of the Match-Up and routes would be appreciated.
Seven Furlongs is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
20 Race Cycles - For Beginners and Old Alike Because I Can Jim Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) 1 04-13-2017 03:56 PM
Met Mile & HANDICAP races For The Lead Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) 21 12-22-2013 07:12 AM
FTL - Race Conditions NeedForSpeed Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 15 06-17-2013 09:18 PM
Review of TAM 4th 12.19.12 For The Lead Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) 5 12-20-2012 10:23 AM
Saturday Collective/ Positional on the lead projected pace races RichieP Matchup Discussion 92 06-07-2009 04:39 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:48 AM.