|
|
|
|
|||||||
| Google Site Search | Get RDSSGet RDSS | Sartin Library | RDSS FAQs | Conduct | Register | Site FAQ | Members List | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
| Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
#21 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
|
WO Race #4
Well, we bet against the favourite and lost, but got a few good photos!
Alison, Ted, Barb
__________________
RDSS - Racing Decision Support System™ Last edited by Ted Craven; 05-09-2009 at 03:03 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#22 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
|
Happy Birthday Mum!
__________________
RDSS - Racing Decision Support System™ |
|
|
|
|
|
#23 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
|
Happy Birthday Barb! Lol
Looks like a great time
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!" |
|
|
|
|
|
#24 |
|
The egg man
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
|
Looks like a great day
Very nice !
Thank you for sharing in the big day at Woodbine Bill |
|
|
|
|
|
#25 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
|
We had a lovely time at Woodbine, were treated royally by all the staff. We were offered a back-stage tour and went up to the roof to watch the 7th race. As always, a gorgeous and classy track. Hope everyone else enjoyed themselves today as much as we did
![]() Ted Trying to figure it all out... ![]()
__________________
RDSS - Racing Decision Support System™ |
|
|
|
|
|
#26 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Posts: 2,494
|
Ted,
You do have a different shirt!! Who dresses you? |
|
|
|
|
|
#27 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,654
|
Wow! Looks like you had a ball, Barb!
And thanks to Bill L.'s shrewd observation we now have an official gangster name for Mr. Craven, "Two-Shirt-Ted." :>) Last edited by Ted Craven; 05-11-2009 at 08:13 AM. Reason: 'Teddy-two-shirts' ? |
|
|
|
|
|
#28 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 329
|
Happy Birthday B. Craven
A Happy Birthday, and A Happy and joyful Mother's Day !
You look very Happy on the photo, now get Lucky ! BobC
|
|
|
|
|
|
#29 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bobcaygeon,On,Canada
Posts: 1,316
|
Thank you all again for all your good wishes. I don't know when I have ever had such a remarkable day. I thought were just going to woodbine, but everytime I turned around, Ted had something else planned.
To find my name in the the program as a presenter to the winner of the 4th race stunned me first. Ted handed me the program and told me to look at the 4th race. I was looking down all the horses, and he kept telling me to look at the bottom, so I was looking at the last horses of course, and then he put his hand over the horses and told me to look again. and there was my name as a presenter and a Happy birthday. We were escorted down to the track, got to walk across the turf to the poly track and I congratulated the owner and got to say hello to the horse and stroke his muzzle. All the while the girl who escorted us was taking pictures both on my camera and on Alison's. When we got back to our table, all the staff came in singing with a birthday cake. We did a couple of races, but yesterday's atmosphere wasn't condusive to really wagering. Next, we were escorted up to the stewarts room to watch the 7th race. We had hidden the favourite, who won of course, but yesterday it didn't matter. We rounded out the day by picking up Alison's sister and going out for dinner. My son made it one of the most memorable days of my life and you'll have to excuse me if I say here for all to see how much I love and appreciate him. He is a most remarkable man. I see a lot of you have posted much information on Woodbine. When I get home, I will digest it and try to use it. Barb |
|
|
|
|
|
#30 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
|
It was a wonderful day and I have nothing but praise for all the Woodbine staff who helped make it so. My experience at Woodbine these past few years has always been that they do a top notch job to make their racing product an enjoyable one for the visitors, and really try to be pleasant and helpful to their customers. Maybe they have terrible takeouts on their Pick 3 pools (a Canadian Federal Government jurisdiction, anyway, so go gettem HANA), but I think they make great chocolate Birthday cake, and I think they just picked up some more customers from Mum's posse of 'old ladies' in her town
![]()
__________________
RDSS - Racing Decision Support System™ |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Importance of Late/Early Difference Graph | lueylump | Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion | 14 | 08-18-2016 08:41 PM |
| Tpr & e/l graph | stormbringer | General Discussion | 2 | 04-08-2009 08:30 PM |
| Woodbine race 6 | RAMON201 | Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion | 1 | 12-06-2008 11:53 AM |
| Woodbine 11-08 Race #3 | Ted Craven | RDSS | 3 | 11-11-2008 02:55 PM |
| Woodbine Trots | RAMON201 | General Discussion | 1 | 08-29-2008 05:41 AM |
|