Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Get RDSSMark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2009, 03:03 PM   #11
tom
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 644
However, the Derby winner has some interesting things going for him.
If the track is sloppy tomorrow, it night be sample error to use anything other than a w sloppy dirt track. He is a developing 3 yo and that screams improvement. Throw out his poly track races, look only at dirt, and you see a layoff, some foundation, a huge early pace tightener, then the explosion. I see him repeating that race.

If you make him a contender, you have to use a line that makes him one.
I give the filly no shot at all of winning, but I hope she takes a lot of money.
I'm using the alternative tandem process for the Preakness - the Bird gets the Derby line and all others get a line previous (the best line at 9 furlongs) to that.
I can't wait to run a lot of lines through Val4 tonight.

Good luck all.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #12
Vinnie
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 223
Tom:

I really like your line of thinking on this race. Particularly if it is in the off going. If MTB is the real deal, I will have a big smile on my face even if he wins. If that effort 2 weeks ago in Louisville can be repeated tomorrow and he does it early enough to win, watch out at the Belmont at a mile and a half. I will have him on top of a trifecta ticket because if he duplicates that move, I at least want to have a shot at a score.

Honestly, I can't believe that you don't give Rachel even a shot. Is it because of drawing that nasty #13 post? I believe that she has a lot of versatility and a tremendous amount of tactical speed. If she is able to position herself well going in to the first turn and she isn't placed to far wide, watch out. She can go 22 to 23 seconds in the quarter in a seemingly effortless manner and 46 to 47 in the half while only getting faster beyond that... She is something... She will be the cornerstone of a couple of my tickets.

Good skill to all.

Vinnie
__________________
"All human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method". F. Kafka
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:51 PM   #13
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Made a few calls.
Attached Images
  
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 06:25 AM   #14
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice
 
Charlie D's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,105
Look at the Power Move MTB made between 2c and straight against POTN and Papa Clem.

A similar Power Move to Street Sense in KD 07, a similar Power Move to Street Sense in Preakness 07

If MTB is ok after that big effort, then i think the only horse he really has to worry about is the Rachael Alexandra.
Attached Images
 
__________________
"To me, The Match Up supercedes everything"

Last edited by Charlie D; 05-16-2009 at 06:38 AM.
Charlie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:01 AM   #15
Tanico
Grade 3
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 70
Well you guys bring up some good points but I am sticking with Rachel today. I think she overcome the odds and wins the Preakness
Tanico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:58 AM   #16
thepace
AlwNW1X
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6
HEY, Tim Y .. I"ve handicapped a long

time ,,pace the foundation and used %E from a friend. I've seen your posts here an there*

what program do you use? is it still available?? TIA
thepace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:17 PM   #17
tom
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 644
Old School

Old School Preakness ala PBS

My fulcrum is Racheal - 111.4

I will not use the Derby for PBS....go back one race

+ 1 - 99 (used 2 back route)
+ 2 - 98
+ 3 - 94
- 4 - 82
- 5 - 87
- 6 - 75
+ 7 -100
- 8 - 80
- 9 - 81
+10 - 94
-11 - 78
-12 - 72
+13 - 92

Contenders 100 99 98 94 94 92
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:20 PM   #18
Tim Y
turf historian
 
Tim Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepace View Post
HEY, Tim Y .. I"ve handicapped a long

time ,,pace the foundation and used %E from a friend. I've seen your posts here an there*

what program do you use? is it still available?? TIA
SPeculator 160 and it is a part of RDSS I think. Talk to Ted about that

Mine that Bird's profiles DO bode well for 1 1/2 miles
__________________
Albert Einstein:"The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind."
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:50 PM   #19
thepace
AlwNW1X
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6
Thanky you, now to find the screen shots that

spec 160 , RDSS ,and other available Sartin programs

provide. ..
thepace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #20
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Thepace,

Not sure, but if you were asking where to find Spec160 and RDSS screens (tutorials), try the respective Forums here:

Spec160 Tutorial (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3161)
RDSS Videos/Tutorials (www.paceandcap.com/rdssvideos)

And Spec160 is a part of RDSS.

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rachel Alexandra in the Preakness? Vinnie Selections 4 05-13-2009 10:21 AM
BEST Preakness? Tim Y General Discussion 0 05-12-2009 06:24 PM
Preakness trivia Tim Y General Discussion 0 05-04-2009 04:27 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:18 AM.