Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Get RDSSMark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
partsnut
BetMix User
 
partsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,433
BEL 05-09-09 (All Races) 2 Methods Approach

BEL 05-09-09 (All Races) 2 Methods Approach

I am fooling around with a 2 method approach that caused me to make 2 picks in a majority of these races.
If one of the double picks scratch I will go with the other.
Belmont has been scratch city as of late with a lot of the fields reduced to 4 & 5 horses.

All opinions welcomed in any of these races.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Race - 1
Strummer
Trophy Road

Race - 2
Four Star General
Marly My Way

Race - 3
January Gent

Race - 4
Inside Zone
Prince Of Iron

Race - 5
Personal Shopper

Race - 6
Pass

Race - 7
Pax
Cabaret Cowboy

Race - 8
Mandate
Townies Dream

Race - 9
Hello Broadway

Race - 10
Burnished Copper
Gamblin Fever
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:55 PM   #2
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
I'm being real conservative until the rainy weather ends - I don't like playing off tracks since my models are based on fast tracks.

But I will take a shot with the 4 in the third at Belmont. It has a nice EPR advantage and decent odds.

NICE - $20.40 win price.

Last edited by clore1030; 05-09-2009 at 02:09 PM.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:02 PM   #3
tfm
Former member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,136
R 3

Flat Bold (#3)

win and exacta with Proud Ruler (#1)
tfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:04 PM   #4
partsnut
BetMix User
 
partsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,433
clore1030
Quote:
I'm being real conservative until the rainy weather ends - I don't like playing off tracks since my models are based on fast tracks.

But I will take a shot with the 4 in the third at Belmont. It has a nice EPR advantage and decent odds.

NICE - $20.40 win price.
Nice job, very impressive. Keep it up.
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:11 PM   #5
partsnut
BetMix User
 
partsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,433
At the end of the first 8 races, taking into account the scratches, I'm down $65.00 on mythical $10.00 bets.
Hopefully the last 2 races will bail me out. It seems everyone is looking for a bail-out these days.
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:47 PM   #6
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by partsnut View Post
clore1030

Nice job, very impressive. Keep it up.

Thanks - it was my only bet of the day. I've been looking for horses in sprints with a minimum 2 point EPR advantage and 5/1 odds. I've found four of them in the last 8 days and cashed on two of them. The other one was a $25.20 winner.

It's also been raining on and off for the last 8 days here in NYC, so it has forced me to apply discipline. It still means spending the time handicapping, some days I've come up with nothing.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #7
mikesal57
Grade 1
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 3,952
nice going Charles...those are good spot plays!!
__________________
Never bet a favorite doing something for the first time-Harvey Pack
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #8
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
nice going Charles...those are good spot plays!!
Thanks Mike.

I had another in the fourth at Belmont today. It was a mile-and-a-sixteenth race, but the winner was on top in BL by three points and was first in EPR, but only by a point.

At 6/1, I figured it was worth it. I've yet to make another bet today. I may play the 8 in the tenth race at BEL - it has a two point EPR advantage and speed is holding up nicely today.

The ML odds are 15/1. But I don't do well with horses less than 20K, so I'm not sure yet if I'll go for it.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:59 PM   #9
mikesal57
Grade 1
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 3,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by clore1030 View Post
Thanks Mike.

I had another in the fourth at Belmont today. It was a mile-and-a-sixteenth race, but the winner was on top in BL by three points and was first in EPR, but only by a point.

At 6/1, I figured it was worth it. I've yet to make another bet today. I may play the 8 in the tenth race at BEL - it has a two point EPR advantage and speed is holding up nicely today.

The ML odds are 15/1. But I don't do well with horses less than 20K, so I'm not sure yet if I'll go for it.
Great ...its working for you and that what counts..I've been holding back at Bel even though I love it there, but with all the rain, off turf, and the small fields has turned me off for a while...But


I'LL BE BACK

mike
__________________
Never bet a favorite doing something for the first time-Harvey Pack
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #10
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
In the last eight racing days, I've made five bets, scoring on three. I'm not greedy, except when it comes to odds.

As I said earlier, it still requires that I do all the work - except for this past Wednesday when I didn't even download the card since I knew the track would be like soup.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Limits of the Methodology?/ Cheap races BJennet General Discussion 77 06-12-2020 04:25 AM
Horses # days off betwen races JLG Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 1 03-16-2009 12:47 PM
23 Potential O.T.E. races/ Monday 1/19 RichieP Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 13 01-20-2009 06:50 AM
Saturday Stakes Races 10/11 RichieP RDSS 20 10-11-2008 10:25 PM
Fast races, slow races ? Profiler8 Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 2 07-23-2008 04:13 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:44 AM.