Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Get RDSSMark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2006, 10:36 AM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Validator 3 / Goodbye old friend

With great sadness I have to say goodbye to Validator.

The way I used the program for YEARS is entering pacelines very quickly trusting my instincts or inner voice to recognize patterns of both horses form cycle and readout "looks". That instinctive "feel" is totally GONE since the changes on 2/1 regarding Trackmaster.

My early enthusiasm after a couple of days at Lrl has been tempered by the realities of wagering over 3 weeks and more importantly my LOSSES at the windows using THIS software the way i am comfortable using it. I HAVE to win. I have no other option when it comes to racing. It is NOT an outlet to look forward to nor frankly even entertainment. It is strictly BUSINESS.

EVERY word I have written above is a reflection only on MY application of the software and in NO way demeans or implies the software can not work for YOU. Look at Bill for an example. Just keeps trucking along! go head Bill!

In closing here are the pp's for a horse that won the race last night at Sam Houston. Paid $ 19.40. If I use the paceline marked the horse is literally 15 lenghts faster than the field. IMPOSSIBLE when trying to have some semblance of reality in wager confidence which is what is needed when making fairly large win bets. when I use line 2 I will show the bl/bl screen. tough to make him considering there are 2 bombs above him.

I made a MASSIVE win bet on this horse based on wager CONFIDENCE from elsewhere. That is all I need and ask for regarding the way I wager and interpret readouts.

A confidence based on previous experiences that what I am looking at is REAL in the context of " Ok I have seen this before and if I continue to wager CONSISTENTLY I am gonna make good profit."

That is gone now so I have to say goodbye.

all the best
Richie
Attached Images
  
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 01:12 PM   #2
jms62
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 798
FWIW.... Having the same horrible performance from SPECPA...
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:24 PM   #3
Houndog
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,258
Wow Richie, looking at that adjusted line gives you a 105 and change. I need to do further research but these adjusted lines seem really fast. I have two Hawthorne Trackmaster files one from this year and one from last year. I am going to try to do a comparison between the two.

If they seem consistently out of whack I don't know if I can have full confidence in the new TRackmaster download.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:55 PM   #4
Houndog
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,258
I think I need to do alot more races than just a couple of cards to get a feel for this. I started out doing Mountaineer and Tampa Bay Downs in which their were many distance projections and extractions to deal with. These 2 tracks can be at times most difficult to make any sense of. My tendency is to get discouraged to easily when things don't seem to add up.

To be fair I need to work tracks that I am more familiar with. It would be to easy for me to blame this on the new Trackmaster download. Since this is what we have I am going to stop trying to compare the old format with the new and work with what we have. I want to emphasize I am just speaking for myself and what I need to do to make it work.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:22 AM.