Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 05-10-2015, 01:49 PM   #11
Latekick
Grade 1

Can someone explain to me how and why this horse won this race
The winner was the #1 horse
How did he win this?
Attached Images

Latekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 03:35 PM   #12
Bill V.
The egg man

without

I would love to look at the race but since its 3 days ago the pace lines are no longer available for download. I can't

Doc writes in the follow up about when 4th ranked or tiered horses win
It could be one or more of the better rated horses are an illusion,
So ,without any thing else to go by ?
I hope somebody else can help.

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 07:01 PM   #13
DocSartinLearner
Grade 1

#1 Bob's Gone Wild really!

Latekick, in my brief opinion, not analyzing much this 7 yr old gelding, #1 Bob's Gone Wild:
1. one of the horses with great speed
2. one of the top horses in this field with GOOD PACE
3. this horse was in Excellent Form
4. question about the last race at Mnr - muddy - 1 mile and,
now ran the distance at 1-1/16 Mile still had plenty Speed for
this race.
5. Previous races ran at TP on Synthetic track.

But, like Bill V. says hope somebody else can help with more data.
We need the good skills for this on how to handicap better.

DSL
DocSartinLearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 08:41 PM   #14
Latekick
Grade 1

We re 10 days into may and im already $370 down. I just cant win guys, and i honestly do not know what im doing wrong or how ti improve it. Im furstrated and just at a mental fallout right now. Im reading the follow ups, and doing everything that i fee is correct, but just look, im $370 down in 10 days and i do not know what is going so wrong.
Attached Images

Old 05-10-2015, 08:42 PM   #15
Latekick
Grade 1

already down $170 on win bets only
Attached Images

Old 05-10-2015, 11:15 PM   #16
winning
Grade 2

Are you keeping a track model and track profile of tracks you play? I recommend reading Tom Brohamer's Modern Pace Handicapping. Don't bet exotics until you know what wins, place and show at what track you play. I notice on your pace line selected, you selected a 9.5 furlong pace line for 8.5 furlongs. Choose pace line from 9.0, 8.5, 8 furlongs for distance of 8.5 furlongs. At CD I see you pick an off track pace line for number 1, and you pick a poly track for horse # 2. Handicap one track only like Santa Anita and keep a track profile and track model, best of last 3 pace lines similar distance. Don't mix distance, and if you have to, I would pass the race. Make sure all horses have 3 pace lines that you can choose from. Practice on paper first before making real bets, good luck.
winning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:09 AM   #17
Latekick
Grade 1

Not as of now but i will be starting a model for Pimlico this week. My problem comes when i have the model i have trouble deciding which horses to bet based on my model.

That was a rare case that i chose an off track line, i never use off track lines.
i feel like i just have lots of minor problems and it is costing me
Old 05-11-2015, 09:52 AM   #18
Lt1
Grade 1

Latekick may I suggest you stop betting exotics until you improve your win %. It's folly to keep wagering on them until such time that you are confident that your win % is such as to warrant wading in to the exotic pools. If you don't have the winner you have no chance to cash an exotic.
Tim
Lt1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:54 AM   #19
gandalf380
Grade 1

From what i see of your win records--you may need to be more selective in your betting. Looks like your wins are chalky.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:25 AM   #20
The Pook
Grade 1

Latekick,

Stop Betting! I feel your pain because I have been there. Whatever method you use to play you have to thoroughly practice with honestly on paper for months. When and if you start to go positive in a decent way with your ROI then bet. Start win only. Then move-on.

When playing along with you on May 7th at Belmont from what you were typing in reaction to results, you were very honest, but it betrayed big swings in emotion. At one point after a small win you mentioned that "this is easy". After a close loss for a big price on a race where you still had the winner with your other horse, you were "devastated". Everybody gets excited about big scores but you need to learn to lose. Because you lose most of the time and you can't become unhinged. You sound unhinged.

Some learn this game in months. For some it takes years and decades. Most never do it profitably. It takes a lot of practice man and it can take a while to find a method that works for you. Isn't it one of your favourite posters here For The Lead who has the byline "If it was easy everybody would do it"

I ditto all the above advice also. At your admittedly early stages you shouldn't be betting into the Pick 3 pools.

Im my ever humble opinion,
Pook
The Pook is online now   Reply With Quote