Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2018, 07:06 PM   #1
Bill Lyster
Grade 1
 
Bill Lyster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Posts: 2,498
Smile

Ted:

Windows 10 , 1709, OS build 16299.248

Very slow access to tracks, PPs, individual lines. 30-40 seconds per activity.

The good news is that I got closed out of a couple of losing races
Bill Lyster is offline  
Old 02-19-2018, 01:12 PM   #2
JLG
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 353
Checked Windows update, and its been over a week since I had an update, and RDSS worked fine just yesterday.
JLG is offline  
Old 02-19-2018, 01:19 PM   #3
carl153
AlwNW2X
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: palmdale california
Posts: 22
version 1709 (os Build 16299.248) I have the problem
carl153 is offline  
Old 02-19-2018, 01:39 PM   #4
dlivery
Grade 1
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Thornhill ON
Posts: 438
version 1703 (OS build 15063.909)
(Not Responding)
__________________
May all wagers be Winners...
dlivery is offline  
Old 02-19-2018, 01:22 PM   #5
Lt1
Grade 1
 
Lt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Valley Stream NY
Posts: 11,456
Ted my last update was 2-14. There was 1 today at 1144am but well after problem surfaced.
Tim
__________________
Trust but verify
Lt1 is online now  
Old 02-19-2018, 01:32 PM   #6
rmath
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,676
Ted

All I get is a blank screen.
Tried to contact Trackmaster but no one is available today.
Had this problem off and on for several days now.

Might not be just a Windows 10 problem.
Dich
rmath is offline  
Old 02-19-2018, 01:38 PM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmath View Post
All I get is a blank screen.
Tried to contact Trackmaster but no one is available today.
Had this problem off and on for several days now.

Might not be just a Windows 10 problem.
Dich
It may not be just a Windows 10 problem, but it's NOT a TrackMaster problem (because I can download file, and if you wait long enough, you can still download files from TrackMaster).

Everyone - please don't call TrackMaster about this: it's not their fault. I have called them to tell them the same thing and refer folks to this discussion.

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline  
Old 02-19-2018, 01:45 PM   #8
carl153
AlwNW2X
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: palmdale california
Posts: 22
I downloaded SA yesterday. It works fine if I don't log on to the internet.

Carl
carl153 is offline  
Old 02-19-2018, 01:55 PM   #9
rmath
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,676
Carl

I tried not logging onto the internet but still only get a blank screen with a not responding message.
Rmath
rmath is offline  
Old 02-19-2018, 02:00 PM   #10
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl153 View Post
I downloaded SA yesterday. It works fine if I don't log on to the internet.

Carl
Carl - VERY INTERESTING! I confirm that if I unplug my RDSS non-functioning computer (my old Surface1) from the internet, things run smoothly again (so far, after 5 minutes of testing).

Could I get others to test this behaviour as well. Unplug or disconnect your computer form the internet. Please test you have successfully disconnected from the internet by opening your browser and trying to connect to a site: e.g. paceandcap.com or Google or whatever. (Please try that a few times to make sure you are not just fetching a page from your browser cache).

Then restart RDSS and see if the sluggish, non-responsive behaviour persists. I'll appreciate folks reports.

FWIW - RDSS does NOT check the internet every few seconds !! and you should be able to use it just fine without an internet connection.

But this might point me to look at new (though delayed) Windows Firewall settings, or something related ...

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline  
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RDSS 2.1 Update - Fix to 'not responding' problem Ted Craven General Discussion 2 02-20-2018 12:26 PM
RDSS Data Management alydar_ David RDSS 5 09-23-2010 06:38 PM
Release Notes - Version 0.98.7 Ted Craven RDSS Info, Reference 2 07-17-2009 11:09 AM
RDSS Subscription / Forum Re-organization Ted Craven RDSS 1 03-07-2009 01:35 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:51 PM.