Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #11
Tim Y
turf historian
 
Tim Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
... Correct me if I am wrong but is the final screen, FR3 + Total Pace, is it

figured by adding the Fr 1 + Fr2 + Fr3 for a number, then adding that adding that number to Fr 3 and either getting a single added figure or an average? Then they are rated accordingly ...?
I do not know the specifics of that screen other than understanding it is 2nd call plus F3 so one is able to have graphic representation of both EP and SP although I think that deceleration has been added to it now or otherwise it would look exactly the same as the match up screen.
__________________
Albert Einstein:"The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind."
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:41 PM   #12
reckless
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: near Philadelphia Park
Posts: 259
this sucks big time...

I am handicapping the races at Phila Park... and I wanted to return to race 4, with 5-6 min to post...

but every time I go from one race to a previouslyly opened/handicapped race, it freezes, then crashes....
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #13
Tim Y
turf historian
 
Tim Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,455
Philly 4th but not A BETTING CONTEST AS THERE ARE TOO MANY QUESTIONS. Also, ON ITS BEST DAY, could be up on the pace but ????today????
__________________
Albert Einstein:"The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind."

Last edited by Tim Y; 04-14-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #14
Tim Y
turf historian
 
Tim Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
I am handicapping the races at Phila Park... and I wanted to return to race 4, with 5-6 min to post...

but every time I go from one race to a previouslyly opened/handicapped race, it freezes, then crashes....
Are you on VISTA??? or are you using Tame DOS? that will overcome the crashing. It is a free download demonstration program. http://www.tamedos.com/downloads/downloads.htm
__________________
Albert Einstein:"The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind."

Last edited by Tim Y; 04-14-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:48 PM   #15
reckless
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: near Philadelphia Park
Posts: 259
Tim... I have RDSS set up on two computers...

An older one with Windows XP... 1mg RAM

And a laptop home edition of Vista, 1 mg of RAM

I spoke with Ted yesterday and he suggested d-loading an older version, which I did but it didn't work, so tto speak...

whenever I would launch RDSS it would give a Error No. 2 pop up box
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:51 PM   #16
Tim Y
turf historian
 
Tim Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,455
am I missing something in the Tampa 4th?
__________________
Albert Einstein:"The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind."
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:52 PM   #17
Tim Y
turf historian
 
Tim Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,455
Forgot the RDSS is windows based so Tame Dos won't work on it
__________________
Albert Einstein:"The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind."
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:53 PM   #18
Tim Y
turf historian
 
Tim Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Tim... I have RDSS set up on two computers...

An older one with Windows XP... 1mg RAM

And a laptop home edition of Vista, 1 mg of RAM

I spoke with Ted yesterday and he suggested d-loading an older version, which I did but it didn't work, so tto speak...

whenever I would launch RDSS it would give a Error No. 2 pop up box
get a copy of the old DOS Spec 160 then: it should work
__________________
Albert Einstein:"The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind."
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:02 PM   #19
reckless
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: near Philadelphia Park
Posts: 259
thanks ... I'll fiddle with tonight...

You didn't miss anything at Tampa... but if it doesn't rain anymore there or at Philly... you can start looking at horses that close, just like the 11 did this past race at Tampa...

I used to avoid Monmouth Park for years, unless it rained... then I took trip notes on horses breaking from post 1-2... and slowly started betting the closers as the day wore on...

The next day, rain or shine, but especially if the sun was out and it was a 'fast' track, I made a small fortune betting the closers over the 'speed favoring' track
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:11 PM   #20
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Reckless,

Not to intrude on this Selections thread, but I thought I gave you the help you need to install an earlier version of RDSS in this thread you started: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthr...2420#post52420 If the final bit of advice still didn't work for you, we can fix it, absolutely - that's my job. Let's continue the discussion over there, or call me, or email me. 100+ people seem to making a go of it, so I'm sure we'll find a way for you.

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:56 PM.