Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of E/L Relativity ?
It is a good tool -Something I will include in my decision making procedure 10 52.63%
Its not presented properly I don't see what is being descriped 3 15.79%
The creator is trying to help the group 1 5.26%
The creator is full of it 5 26.32%
Its interesting But I am realy just reading to see the creator dodge and tap dance around questions 1 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2006, 12:09 PM   #21
tompkins
Grade 1
 
tompkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 708
clarification

I never use the bottom line readouts. Same info is redundent on other screens
__________________
velocititian
tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:47 PM   #22
jms62
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 798
Your early late theory certainly has merit for sprints but I think your are off base in promoting it as the soemething that works as a high probability for routes.. Take a single track and model it for Routes by distance (1 mi, 1'16 1'8) over 20 races and I don't think you will see it as a big factor... As a matter of fact I don't see you turning a flat profit choosing the top 2 E/L in routes over a 20 race period.. When we don't model we tend to just remember the successes. You provided 2 examples but 1 was a sprint (7fr) and the other a route so it really isn't even 2 examples of it working on the same track same day for routes... I'm more of an EPR/TS guy for sprints and LPR/TS guy for routes... Rank both for your contenders and average them and rank the average..
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:21 PM   #23
tompkins
Grade 1
 
tompkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62
I'm more of an EPR/TS guy for sprints and LPR/TS guy for routes... Rank both for your contenders and average them and rank the average..
that is very logical
__________________
velocititian
tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:04 PM   #24
tompkins
Grade 1
 
tompkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 708
just keeps repeating

Aqueduct's third top two e/l's are first and third. This time the winner 2 was 6/1
__________________
velocititian
tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:17 PM   #25
tompkins
Grade 1
 
tompkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62
Your early late theory certainly has merit for sprints but I think your are off base in promoting it as the soemething that works as a high probability for routes...
Depends on the tracks...works for the ones I follow and admit that I look for tracks that have this profile and stay away from ones that don't
__________________
velocititian
tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:26 PM   #26
tompkins
Grade 1
 
tompkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 708
another one

Tampa's 5th A ROUTE e/l relativity again


that is a bad image...I will do it again
__________________
velocititian

Last edited by tompkins; 03-10-2006 at 02:29 PM.
tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:13 PM   #27
jms62
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 798
Show me 20 races over a weeks time where it works in routes and I'll buy it.. Otherwise you are just showing us successes without any acknowledgement of when it doesn't work... Presenting the exception as the rule.. Thats how Amway recruits... Hit the 3rd at AQU but wasn't so fortunate on the early horses in the 5th and 7th.. Got the 2 and 7 in the 8th. Top 2 EPR/TS

Update 7 beaten late... 3 Consecutive races where late gets up

Last edited by jms62; 03-10-2006 at 04:26 PM.
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:27 PM   #28
tompkins
Grade 1
 
tompkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 708
never took geometry?

Ideas are presented. Folks try them at the venues they follow. If they work okay, and if they don't okay. I don't have to the time to drag all those screens up for you. Do it yourself...remember all those times the teacher told the class "The proof is left to the student?" Same here
__________________
velocititian
tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:33 PM   #29
tompkins
Grade 1
 
tompkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62

Update 7 beaten late... 3 Consecutive races where late gets up
maybe on the lines YOU picked. People rarely pick the same lines. I NEVER pick a single line for a race and did not bet the 5th or the 7th so can't comment on that.
You are assuming we are looking at the same pace lines and I doubt that seriously as I use an idea called an "early filter" even after several lines are chosen
__________________
velocititian
tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:39 PM   #30
tompkins
Grade 1
 
tompkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62
Show me 20 races over a weeks time where it works in routes and I'll buy it.. Otherwise you are just showing us successes without any acknowledgement of when it doesn't work...
I would have to be a rank rookie to suggest admit that ANY angle works all the time. Of course it does not work all the time.

You, and most others are missing the essence of this angle so I will leave it at that.
__________________
velocititian
tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:00 AM.