|
|
|
|
|||||||
| Google Site Search | Get RDSSGet RDSS | Sartin Library | RDSS FAQs | Conduct | Register | Site FAQ | Members List | Today's Posts | Search |
| RDSS Documentation -- All Versions Racing Decision Support System - Documentation |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Grade 3
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 64
|
Thanks Ted. It worked out perfectly.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
AlwNW1X
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 13
|
Entry page out of order
I tried to reload, clear and reassemble to no avail .I tried to start a new data base ,but now it asks me for a password, and I do not remember it ,and can not find it on the rdss database.Please help.The card is Delmar 7/31/21
Last edited by thebear67; 07-31-2021 at 12:16 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
|
Quote:
Re database issue - the database file RDSS is looking for cannot be found. Open your Config file in a text editor (c:\rdss22\Configure\Configure.ini). Find the section beginning with [Database] then the line beginning DatabaseFile= Then make the file name after that a file which exists (e.g. the default value: c:\Rdss22\Data\data.db). Save the Config file. I'd recommend restarting your computer in case any remnant, crashed portions of RDSS are still running. Then restart RDSS. Ted
__________________
RDSS - Racing Decision Support System™ |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
AlwNW1X
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 13
|
Entry page out of order
Thanks Ted .A new data base did the trick.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
AlwNW1X
Join Date: Apr 2022
Posts: 6
|
Mutual Prices Info
I'm new to this latest Sartin procedure and RDSS, and I do have one quick question: If I'm working on a race after it's run, can I remove the "Mutual Prices" info from the Rx screen so as to not let it influence my decisions? (I don't want to lose the Brisnet rankings or "live" odds.)
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
|
Welcome SinnerG! I hear you - an issue I think I've tried to deal with for decades when practicing handicapping past races and needing scratches from Result Charts without peeking at the results!! Occasionally I also run into that on the same Rx screen you mention. I should make that Results/Prices display a toggle (hidden when you ask for that).
Meanwhile, I confess I have occasionally taped a moveable piece of paper in the proper place on my monitor so that when the Rx screen displays, the far-right side is obscured! Pending high-tech solutions to come ... a cheap workaround ![]() Ted
__________________
RDSS - Racing Decision Support System™ Last edited by Ted Craven; 05-16-2022 at 11:39 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
AlwNW1X
Join Date: Apr 2022
Posts: 6
|
Ahhhh . . . tape! I was just leaning an envelope against the screen, but twice my fan has blown it over at just the wrong time. A toggle would be a great high tech solution, but I have to admit your paper and tape solution is more high tech than my procedure. Thanks, Ted.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Loretto, Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,796
|
Why does BLBL score change?
I notice from time to time that the BLBL score changes as you get closer to post time. Also the scores can be different before the race than if you relook the next day.
Sample below shows the 7th race at Pimlico BLBL score sheet from a half hour before 1st race post and then 1 hour later. Some races change and some don't. I know tote odds affect RX scores. I have tote info turned off in my config however. The new scores put the #4 third rather than second. Subtle changes I admit, but wondering what causes the shift. Pook |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
|
The lower screen shows the Non Contenders' ranks as INCLUDED in the overall set of ranks, while in the upper screen, Non Contender ranks (i.e. former ranks when they were included in Primary) are EXCLUDED.
Is it possible that you reloaded that race (i.e. restarted RDSS then displayed that race, re-loading it from the Cache)? I will look at that and get back to you. Whether by working on a race directly or retrieving it later from the stored Cache and re-working it, the values of the BLBL components (the 7 Primary Factors) should be the same - i.e. the remaining Primary Group horses should be re-ranked, and any Secondary or Non Contender Groups should show their former ranks when they were in Primary (i.e. their overall rank regardless of Group). BTW - Rx Oddslines are not affected by tote (live odds). The 3 Rx flavours only include VDC, CSR, ProfitLine, ML, CR+ EL+, in various combinations (and not Prime Power or live odds). Ted
__________________
RDSS - Racing Decision Support System™ |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
AlwNW2X
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 29
|
BLBL changing
this happens to me from time to time when i go back at the end of the day to review. sometimes what were 1s and 2s will be some other numbers in the primary side of blbl. when i redo the race by regrouping everything back to the beginning before hides, it reverts back to what it should be.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
|