Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 04-04-2008, 07:13 AM   #1
Dallas4lr
Grade 1

Major Track vs Small Tracks using RDSS

Hey Guys,

Just trying to get some feedback on whether or not waggercapping with RDSS is more profitable at the smaller tracks then at the larger ones.

In one of the last followups, Doc Sartin talks about (and this isn't meant to be condescending) gamblers at the smaller tracks being less sophisticated then the gamblers at major tracks. In addition, he states that a lot of the local bettors at these smaller tracks have a tendency to develop theories concerning the particular track that just aren't true. This creates a great opportunity to profit at these smaller tracks.

My question isn't whether are not these statements were true 15 years ago, but rather do they still hold true today?? Given the same number of wins would my profit be higher at Thistledowns vs SA,Bel,Del,HP,Sar.

Some evenings I watch tracks like penn national and I'm in sheer amazement at how many bombs run in day in and day out, race after race. I'm quite sure their are those that make lots of money their, but Penn National would probably drive me out of the game fast and in a hurry.

Just looking for some of your opinions - I would think that some of this may have changed with so many betting via the internet, phone, and wagering facilities.

Thanks
Carl
Old 04-04-2008, 09:20 AM   #2
RichieP
Grade 1

When I would speak with Aline Best on the phone she told me to scan result charts and look for tracks that consistently paid good win mutuals. Howard instructed her to do that and she had very good results. Aline also was definitely a "Wagercapper"

I know this also was written about in some Followup's too Carl