Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 08-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #51
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Dorianmode,

Well congratulations on 2 good initial days, and welcome back to the great game! Did you know you can export your Analysis screens to an Excel template which does at least a rudimentary job of tracking factors? If that suits yours purposes, here are the Release Notes about that:

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5947

Here is a video by RichieP (always entertaining): http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5987

Here's a Google Search query which will return you numerous hits on making and using the export model maker: site:paceandcap.com excel export

It's a good start. My longer range goal (RDSS 2.1) is to have a comprehensive searchable database driven recordkeeping tool integrated into the RDSS database.

Hope that helps some,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 08-05-2011, 06:06 AM   #52
Dorianmode
always learning

Cool Thank you sir, ....

Thanks. I think I will use Excel, and also try out, (ie write my own) in the free spreadsheets in Google docs, (in my gmail).

Something interesting happened yesterday, which rasied another question. In one of the later races at Saratoga, (I will post speciics when I get around to entering my data/results), but there was a HUGE anomaly in the place pool. First, I was going to have to pass on a win bet on my first choice, because it was 3/5, but I clicked on the "pools" tab in TrackMaster, and noticed there was less money bet in that, (place) pool, (for the favorite), than in the show pool, AND far less money than in the competitor's place pools. So I bet on the favorite in the place pool, AND dutched the second and third choice also in their place pools, and cashed in BOTH, as the favorite won, and my second choice came in second. Which raised a question for me... Howard used to have a BASIC program for a hand held 1350 (Sharp?), which had a number of tote board utilities in it. Anyone have a copy of that, or know if they are around anywhere ? I assume the 1350s are long gone, (it WAS an elegant little machine), but I can't find mine, and even if I could the battery would have long ago gone dead, so I would have to re-enter the programs, (which were on a cassette tape, and entered by a tape recorder interface). There were also Ziemba utilities, and odds utilities on it, (for place and show overlays), and a bunch of other stuff for dutching/odds which I can't remember. Thanks.

Last edited by Dorianmode; 08-05-2011 at 06:08 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:34 AM   #53
froggy
Grade 1

Dorianmode,

I found that printing out a copy of the RDSS pages( using Screenhunter) and then putting them in a loose leaf binder. After about a week you'll have 80 to 100 races and on the off days you can go over them and find a gold mine of info.
That is what I did when I posted "an Investment with RDSS" and "100 Race report" pages 16 and 19 under RDSS on this site.

It makes me feel good that someone like you without a contaminated mind is doing well with RDSS.

Froggy

ps: you can get new batterys for the old sharp at radio shack
Old 08-06-2011, 04:50 PM   #54
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorianmode View Post
... Which raised a question for me... Howard used to have a BASIC program for a hand held 1350 (Sharp?), which had a number of tote board utilities in it. Anyone have a copy of that, or know if they are around anywhere ? I assume the 1350s are long gone, (it WAS an elegant little machine), but I can't find mine, and even if I could the battery would have long ago gone dead, so I would have to re-enter the programs, (which were on a cassette tape, and entered by a tape recorder interface). There were also Ziemba utilities, and odds utilities on it, (for place and show overlays), and a bunch of other stuff for dutching/odds which I can't remember. Thanks.
Dorianmode,

If you do happen to find any such tote analysis/wager calculation utilities which are in the public domain, please let me know and I will put them in the Tote/Wager module.

Continued good luck and skill to you!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 08-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #55
Dorianmode
always learning

Giving myself more than a week, but ......

Holy cow,
I double dog dare anyone to put in the 8th race at Saratoga this afternoon, Saturday, August 6th, 2011. Look at the number one and number two in BL/BL, then look at who won and placed. And then then me this frickin' thing doesn't work. OMG. All I can say is THANK YOU TED !
Old 08-06-2011, 05:10 PM   #56
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Ummm,

Name:  sar0806-8.png
Views: 704
Size:  86.5 KB

Name:  sar0806-8res.png
Views: 756
Size:  17.8 KB

Hope you cashed well!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 08-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #57
Dorianmode
always learning

One more thing .............

Tizway was #1 in BL/BL, and just won the Whitney.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #58
Dorianmode
always learning

A couple things bugged me about the original email embedded in Ted's first posting in this thread, (well actually a lot more than 2, but I will confine myself to two..for now).

a. The idea that in two months one would be able to come up with sufficient sample of races to use for a statistically significant representation of any of the segments, ( and YES, every race exists in a SEGMENT of horse racing), is rather preposterous, (unless one had an almost perfect record), and even then it would be a stretch, getting them ALL done. I won't here go in to the statistical computations, necessary for EACH of the segment cohorts. Did he actually do ANY record keeping ? Or did he just do the "Wilbur" thing, and try it out, and not keep detailed searchable records ? And BTW, ANY of the data series would theoretically be made profitable if one ONLY bet on the appropriate odds for that series. Seems his problem is his race and contender SCREENING process, which again, I am not going to go into here. But those problems have been SOLVED, even if he is unaware of the solutions.

b. I resent the implication that those of us who don't use racing to "make a living" are any less serious about it than those who choose to. I am VERY serious about EVERYTHING I do, including my "hobbies".

Those who have worked hard to develop this methodology in the past had a great time doing so, but they were VERY serious about doing it, maybe MORE serious than he ?

Anyone who did the seventh race at Saratoga yesterday, I need to ask whether you used the turf line, (most recent), (which would have put him in the picks for BL/BL), and going back one line to the same surface would have left him out, with considerably less TE. Fortunately my screening process flagged him, and make me look again and I left him in, but a cursory exam might have left out the winner. any ideas ?

Thanks.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:32 AM   #59
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorianmode View Post
Anyone who did the seventh race at Saratoga yesterday, I need to ask whether you used the turf line, (most recent), (which would have put him in the picks for BL/BL), and going back one line to the same surface would have left him out, with considerably less TE. Fortunately my screening process flagged him, and make me look again and I left him in, but a cursory exam might have left out the winner. any ideas ?
Thanks.
Dorianmode,

May I request that you repeat this last query (on paceline selection strategy) in a new Topic, so as to prevent this particular topic from drifting too far from its original theme.

Ted

R
DSS -