Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 04-05-2009, 09:49 AM   #1
partsnut
BetMix User

Using PaceAppraiser - Keenland Challenge Contest

I recently entered the Keenland Challenge Contest which is a 23 day handicapping marathon. I am using PaceAppraiser. In the first 2 days I'm at 37.5% single pick winners. Here was my play in yesterdays 10th race.

I realize that everyone has there own preferences as to what they choose to use. It's all good. Use what works for you. PaceAppraiser works for me.
Attached Images

partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #2
JimG
Grade 1

Nice hit Bill. Glad you found something that works well for you. It is important to have confidence in the tool you use to assist you in finding good plays. Continued success.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:38 AM   #3
shoeless
Grade 1

Bill,Good job and I commend you for learning how to use the program,I tried but find difficulty in doing so.Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:49 AM   #4
partsnut
BetMix User

JimG
Quote:
Nice hit Bill. Glad you found something that works well for you. It is important to have confidence in the tool you use to assist you in finding good plays. Continued success.
Jim, it's nice top hear from you. Thank you for the good wishes. I wish you the same and the very best.
------------------------------------------------
shoeless
Quote:
Bill,Good job and I commend you for learning how to use the program,I tried but find difficulty in doing so
.Jeff

Thank you for the commendation. Actually, Randy Giles makes it quite simple with his analysis and course he gives at no cost to the user. However, there are those that can't get used to a new method or concept that adheres to a "clear ones mind of the old" policy and let in the new. This is a start at the beginning and learn policy. Some people are not open to this school of thought and I have no fault with that. What works for me may not work for you. Actually, it's very simplistic.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:45 PM   #5
shoeless
Grade 1

Bill,That's ok I will stick to my old ways of using TPR numbers and trainer intent it enables me to hit some exotics.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:36 PM   #6
partsnut
BetMix User

Another Nice Winner Using PaceAppaiser

shoeless
Quote:
Bill,That's ok I will stick to my old ways of using TPR numbers and trainer intent it enables me to hit some exotics
Jeff, TPR is a great indicator when used properly. If it works for you, stay with it.
-----------------------------------------------
Here's another Nice Winner Using PaceAppraiser in todays Keenland Contest.

Attached Images

Old 04-06-2009, 02:50 AM   #7
For The Lead
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsnut View Post
I recently entered the Keenland Challenge Contest which is a 23 day handicapping marathon. I am using PaceAppraiser. In the first 2 days I'm at 37.5% single pick winners. Here was my play in yesterdays 10th race.

I realize that everyone has there own preferences as to what they choose to use. It's all good. Use what works for you. PaceAppraiser works for me.
First I want to congratulate you on a nice win in that 10th race at KEE.

You do, however, have me a bit confused.
First, I am assuming that the highlighted line is the line you chose. If I am correct, why did you use that line? There is only one line on the page where this horse ever made up as much as an inch of ground in the stretch and that is the line you used. A review of the horses past performances clearly show that this horses style is "early". I have been under the impression that the idea was to get horses in on a line that represents their running style. When I looked at the chart of the race, this horse did, in fact, win going wire to wire. Could you help me out here?
For The Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:22 AM   #8
partsnut
BetMix User

For The Lead:
Quote:
First I want to congratulate you on a nice win in that 10th race at KEE.

You do, however, have me a bit confused.
First, I am assuming that the highlighted line is the line you chose. If I am correct, why did you use that line? There is only one line on the page where this horse ever made up as much as an inch of ground in the stretch and that is the line you used. A review of the horses past performances clearly show that this horses style is "early". I have been under the impression that the idea was to get horses in on a line that represents their running style. When I looked at the chart of the race, this horse did, in fact, win going wire to wire. Could you help me out here?
Thanks.
I found only 2 usable lines (contenders) that conformed to the method.
The winner and my choice was an early presser. The race set up for early. Meadow Saffron exhibited flexibility in his running style and with the inside post, it indicated to me that this horse might go for the lead, which he did. He also came off a XO pattern (bad race, good race) and had the top speed rating in his qualfying race.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:48 PM   #9
partsnut
BetMix User

It is my opinion that handicapping software in many cases will fall short of projecting a winner because for the most part, does not have the ability to single out relevant spot or angle plays. There are some notable exceptions: JCapper, NetCapper, Synergism6, PowerOnLine, Black Magic and possibly All In One may be the exceptions.
Most of these programs require a sizeable investment for either the software or for data or both and excludes the casual player.
Additionally, Taulbot has an excellent method that I feel is noteworthy.

My preference, as you all know, is PaceAppraiser. The reason being, it has proven itself over and over again. It is inexpensive. It is not a predictor, it's a proven method. It makes you the the Handicapper and not the software and causes one to use another tool, your brain, which many of us are guilty of not using or don't have one to begin with. No offense intended to anyone.

If you are lazy and don't want do the work, you will never be a winner.
There's no magic bullet or quick fix.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:38 PM   #10
Tim Y
turf historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsnut View Post
It is not a predictor, it's a proven method. It makes you the the Handicapper and not the software and causes one to use another tool, your brain, which many of us are guilty of not using or don't have one to begin with. No offense intended to anyone.

If you are lazy and don't want do the work, you will never be a winner.
There's no magic bullet or quick fix.
same with these programs as well