Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 03-23-2008, 03:16 PM   #1
JimG
Grade 1

RDSS today

I've been a beta tester with Ted on RDSS for quite awhile. To be honest after the initial couple of months, I have been looking elsewhere for tools to help relying on what I have used in the past.

Recently, I have been getting more and more into the Sartin methodology and to that end have been renewing my usage of RDSS. Let me tell you what, Ted is doing an excellent job with the software. Much improved over the last year!! Kudos Ted, Doc must be very proud of your work!!

To anyone reading this that has not tried the beta, what are you waiting for? This software is the real deal!

Jim
Old 03-23-2008, 07:14 PM   #2
lsosa54
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG View Post
I've been a beta tester with Ted on RDSS for quite awhile. To be honest after the initial couple of months, I have been looking elsewhere for tools to help relying on what I have used in the past.

Recently, I have been getting more and more into the Sartin methodology and to that end have been renewing my usage of RDSS. Let me tell you what, Ted is doing an excellent job with the software. Much improved over the last year!! Kudos Ted, Doc must be very proud of your work!!

To anyone reading this that has not tried the beta, what are you waiting for? This software is the real deal!

Jim
Hi Jim. I'm sure JCapper has pace components to buils UPR's with so what has turned you around a bit on RDSS? I've been on the fence myself about testing it vs. continuing to use an older Sartin dos program. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:05 PM   #3
JimG
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsosa54 View Post
Hi Jim. I'm sure JCapper has pace components to buils UPR's with so what has turned you around a bit on RDSS? I've been on the fence myself about testing it vs. continuing to use an older Sartin dos program. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I still use JCapper in many instances and probably always will but I do not want to elaborate on that program here out of repect for Ted.

I am in the process of reinventing myself to a degree. I am looking to develop a portfolio of wagers involving 2 horses to win. Sort of a slow-growth, lower risk portfolio than most of my other work. I am off to a very good start building what started out as a small bankroll. I have been reading much in the Pace and Cap private area so many of the concepts in RDSS I am beginning to understand.

I could go into the features of RDSS but most of that is already on the board. I am sure Ted includes some old files with the download, so you can begin to look at it without costing you anything but your time. For me, the windows environment makes it easy to move around the various screens seemlessly. Changing pacelines is a snap and automating the pace line selection to a degree is something I am very interested in. I think RDSS is dynamite for the 2 horse win bettor. I would think for people using older programs, the export feature in RDSS would be a real bonus.

Jim
Old 03-24-2008, 09:35 AM   #4
lsosa54
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG View Post
I still use JCapper in many instances and probably always will but I do not want to elaborate on that program here out of repect for Ted.
Jim

Thanks for the thoughts, Jim. I too have been spending hours and hours with old follow ups. What a social life we have, huh?

I wasn't looking for a discussion on JCapper - just your thoughts on why you were feeling different about RDSS now. I hold Ted in the highest regard as well and I don't really know him! I can explore the JCapper website and forums more than I have if I need to get a better feel for it.

I was part of Ted's couple of hour video conference on RDSS so I'm familiar with it to some extent, but it looks like some of the recent enhancements are pretty cool.

Thanks again for the thoughts.

Lou
Old 03-24-2008, 11:09 AM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Jim, thanks for the kind words. I've benefited from your suggestions re RDSS in the past and look forward to them all. Though I know my list of your suggestions is a bit backed up, I think they all will end up in the software some time this year.

If you wish to relate Jcapper to RDSS or to any other software, I'd look forward to that, perhaps in the Handicapping forum.

Lou, Doc's comment on that Seminar video with you and others, was that all participants seemed highly familiar (if not with RDSS per se) then with Methodology concepts in particular, and your postings and explanations throughout this site don't hide that long and deep experience, nor your hunger for constant improvement. A hunger which I share! Each new step along the way, or goal achieved, puts one in a point of new (previously unavailable) perspective, which leads to new desires and goals (new hunger), which delivers new persepective, ad infinitum... We'll never get there, but hopefully, as Jim says, reinvent outselves continually along the way, ending up with a darned fine collection of insights, great stories and hopefully not a few fine mutuels as we go.

Part of my path has been to write some software tools of my own, because I have the skillset and the dream, not because there weren't great ones already out there (Jcapper, HTR, HSH, CJ, etc). I'm flattered more than I can say that so many others seem to find this dream project of mine also useful in their own work. I am a better handicapper today as a result of what I've learned in this collaboration and thanks to all my mentors, partners and supporters!

yours,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 03-24-2008, 02:15 PM   #6
shrink1
Grade 1

Ted,
I have to reiterate what Jim has said about RDSS. I have been using and with some very good success. I have been focusing on Philly Park and Tampa. I use it in conjunction with WorkHorse which is also used by Bob Cochran a contributor on this site. I found that over 60% of the time the winner is in the top 4 BL. I play a lot of Pick 3's, and have had a few signers lately. Keep up the great work. This is an excellent piece of software.
Ira
Old 03-24-2008, 05:26 PM   #7
admin
Administrator

Ted

While looking at something else I started to notice the very strong ability
of the winners being in the top two BLBL
This was never really a factor for me
I did get some tier 1 horses with PL4 synthesis and Validator but I did get more tier 3 and 4 before
I use the Val 4 mode and my paceline selection is
basically the same as always But the added tools of APV CR
Plus I am very thankful that I can see the result charts for races
from the original past performance screen and the projected pace
ability, All seems to be getting the winner on top more than ever

What ever, Your RDSS is a very easy and friendly tool to use

Thanks for all you did and each update is a treat

Its real fun once again doing races

Bill
Old 03-24-2008, 08:04 PM   #8
shrink1
Grade 1

Bill
I know you also like to play Philly. Maybe we can keep track as to how many winners there are out of the top 4 and top two BLBL there.
Ira
Old 03-24-2008, 08:17 PM   #9
admin
Administrator

Philly

Hi Ira

I will do what I can I just can't do much during the week
I do races now and then put mostly Philly is weekends only

hope I can help
Old 03-29-2008, 01:45 PM   #10
admin
Administrator