Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 12-05-2007, 10:55 PM   #11
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
You know I reviewed the information on Power Lines and OTE you had suggested on your following post to this one (do not worry no peeking), and it was very much re-enlightening. I feel I was thinking more clearly then and since have lost the way.
Thanks,
Robert
Thank you for being so honest. Let me do what I can now to help you restore some clarity.

1) When we work with raw data FORGET the word adjust. Trust me.

2) The entire pp's of each horse are there to be used when needed to match horses.

3) Go back and re read the "Power Lines" thread. We MUST know what that is and be able to find each horse's in the pp's.

4) Here is something I would like you to do "Mu". Starting with the 1st horse look at his pp's and determine his running style. Take only a COUPLE of seconds looking. This HAS to be FAST. Trust me again. I'm doing EXACTLY what Hat did with me.

Post here their styles so Jim and myself can see them ok? Do NOT worry about right or wrong. Look-determine style quickly - post them here please.

Use these styles:
E - early
Ep - early presser
P - presser
S - Sustained.

5) When we work with raw data FORGET the word adjust. Trust me.

6) After identifying styles find each horse's POWER LINE and identify it here.Take your time and remember
a) NO adjusting
b) entire pp's are to be considered

Ok Jim and myself will wait to continue til you do the above. Again thank you for being so honest Robert.

ANYONE wanting to participate feel free. You are among FRIENDS here ok? "Hands on" helps and also let's Hat see what's going on with folks.

Richie
Old 12-06-2007, 05:13 AM   #12
mufasa
Grade 1

Rich, I believe you just want to see how I do at establishing running styles and picking Power Lines even though in maiden races sometimes like in this race it is a stretch to say that a critter has either established a running style or Power Line. In any case I will assign each both an ESP and PL.

1-Romeo’s Gold: S; PL #1
2-Sorry wrong Number: E; PL #4
3-Eight Second Cowboy: S; PL #5/6
4-Kirkwood Ranger: S; PL #2
6-Sapid: P; PL #5
7-Granny’s Lil Angel: EP; PL #2
8-Marquet Capper: EP; PL #1
9-Empire Blvd: S; PL #1
10-Falmouth: P; PL #5
11-Capatain Frank: P; PL #2

PS;
You know Rich after having done this race as to running styles and my selection for Power Lines I have a feel for the race and I will give it now but if you think that in any way that it will cloud up your planned instructions for this race cut it out and forget it. Or just cut it out and if you or Jim could just show me where I might have gone wrong by way of a private message.

The #2 horse is going out for the lead with the #7 right with him definitely by the half. The #2 horse caves in like usual and the #7 goes on with the # 10 and the #8 in hot pursuit and the #11 somewhat behind. In the end I think the #10 horse wins the race with either the #8 or # 11 for second. If I was betting two horses to win it would be the #10 horse and the #8 horse. I would be afraid of the #4 horse for place in an exacta play but not for win against the #10 horse.

Thanks,
Robert
Old 12-06-2007, 07:36 AM   #13
Dallas4lr
Grade 1

Okay,

Here are my choices for styles

1) Early - but never gets the lead
2) E
3) S
4) S
6) S
7) E
8) E
9) S
10) Ep
11) E

Thanks
Carl
Old 12-06-2007, 08:21 AM   #14
RichieP
Grade 1

Thumbs up

Quote:
PS;
You know Rich after having done this race as to running styles and my selection for Power Lines I have a feel for the race and I will give it now
Thanks,
Robert
REALLY liking the above quote.

This is where we want to work be Robert. In a frame of mind where the styles and power lines of the horses begin to "talk to us" and guide us to THE horse in THIS race.

Adjustments of any kind have NO PLACE in your above quote. NO PLACE.

Richie
Old 12-06-2007, 08:23 AM   #15
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas4lr View Post
Okay,

Here are my choices for styles

1) Early - but never gets the lead
2) E
3) S
4) S
6) S
7) E
8) E
9) S
10) Ep
11) E

Thanks
Carl
Morning Carl
Thanks for jumping in. Btw welcome to P&C!
Richie
Old 12-06-2007, 08:32 AM   #16
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:

1-Romeo’s Gold: S; PL #1
2-Sorry wrong Number: E; PL #4
3-Eight Second Cowboy: S; PL #5/6
4-Kirkwood Ranger: S; PL #2
6-Sapid: P; PL #5
7-Granny’s Lil Angel: EP; PL #2
8-Marquet Capper: EP; PL #1
9-Empire Blvd: S; PL #1
10-Falmouth: P; PL #5
11-Capatain Frank: P; PL #2
Thanks,
Robert

Power Lines:
you have 1-2-3-4-6 nailed.
7 is line 1.
8-9-10-11 are nailed Robert.

Excellent work! I'll put up YOUR lines where we can see them together for evaluation this afternoon. Then we can see what we see about the race.

Very very good stuff "Mu". I mean that
Old 12-06-2007, 08:48 AM   #17
mufasa
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
Power Lines:
you have 1-2-3-4-6 nailed.
7 is line 1.
8-9-10-11 are nailed Robert.

Excellent work! I'll put up YOUR lines where we can see them together for evaluation this afternoon. Then we can see what we see about the race.

Very very good stuff "Mu". I mean that
Thanks Rich. Just for the record the #7 horse was the PL#1 but somehow I either typo in the 2 or mistakenly wrote in 2. For the #7 horse the first pace line would have to be the only possible choice.

Anyway thanks again,

Robert
Old 12-06-2007, 12:17 PM   #18
RichieP
Grade 1

Early or Other than early ?????

To determine how the race will run first we identify the EARLY horse(s) in the race.

Early - Horse who has the LEAD at 1st call.

Who is the EARLY horse (s) in this race?
Old 12-06-2007, 01:05 PM   #19
mufasa
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
To determine how the race will run first we identify the EARLY horse(s) in the race.

Early - Horse who has the LEAD at 1st call.

Who is the EARLY horse (s) in this race?
Rich, I am thinking that the #2 horse is going for the lead with the #7 horse catching him between the first call and the second call. Once the #2 horse is hooked by the #7 he will fold as in the past as I see it for this match up. Consequently the race is going to be OTE.

Robert
Old 12-06-2007, 01:12 PM   #20
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Rich, I am thinking that the #2 horse is going for the lead
Robert
OK 1st call lead time of the #2 ?