Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 08-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
Blackrose
AlwNW2X

What is New Pace

I looked it up on the google search an it wasn't really explained well? How does it differ from old pace and does it matter.
Blackrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #2
Hoof 11
Grade 1

New Pace is a module that can be added to RDSS, or you can do the calculations by hand. New Pace is a system designed by Dave Schwartz, that basically takes the two best "Early" horses and the two best "Late" horses in every race. It's left up to you to decide on the winner, if you understand the bias of a certain track.
Hoof 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
Blackrose
AlwNW2X

Thanks so much for the reply Hoof

Jim
Blackrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #4
Segwin
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoof 11 View Post
New Pace is a module that can be added to RDSS, or you can do the calculations by hand. New Pace is a system designed by Dave Schwartz, that basically takes the two best "Early" horses and the two best "Late" horses in every race. It's left up to you to decide on the winner, if you understand the bias of a certain track.
How do you do the calcs by hand?
Old 08-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
Hoof 11
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segwin View Post
How do you do the calcs by hand?
Trust me, you don't want to go there.

You have to purchase New Pace from Dave, and he will send you a video tutorial that will give you the formula for calculating the entrants. It's a boatload of work to do by hand, i don't recommend it. If you're interested in New Pace, i would just add it to RDSS, it does the calculations for you.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #6
Appy
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoof 11 View Post
Who is Dave Schwartz?

That sounds suspiciously like something I recently read about "Honest Pace Race" in the Brohamer Race Pace calculations.
I believe I read it in a Frandsen Publishing (free) Newletter. Not positive about that though. I might even have read it here somewhere. Gawd I've been taking in a LOT of info the past 2 weeks.
Appy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #7
Hoof 11
Grade 1

Dave is the developer of HSH, another horse racing software program. As well he develops other handicapping methods and theories, he usually has something new to sell every week.....
Old 08-11-2013, 11:06 PM   #8
Appy
Grade 1

I see. Now I can say I saw.
I arrived here due to a search for solutions, one of them being time saving software, but more importantly hoping to increase and improve my handicapping ability.

Is comparing software programs off limits to discussion here?
I don't have much to offer, being an "old school" handicapper. However, over the past couple months I have been reading whatever description I can find on a few programs.
I've known about Formulator for awhile, but have never used it. I read the manual for All Ways at Brisnet, looked into Pizzola's PTS, and came here to learn about Sartin Methodology and RDSS on suggestion from a handicapping pal. Near as I can tell they all incorporate 'Sartinology' in their programs.
Could someone offer an opinion on why you consider RDSS better than the rest?
Old 08-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #9
Hoof 11
Grade 1

I would keep the discussions to RDSS on this site, they are not here to promote other vendors. If you want to read some open discussions on different software programs, i would try Pace Advantage, you will find users that can point you in the right direction. In my opinion, if you are an "old school" capper, RDSS is probably your best bet.

Software is subjective, you have to sit down with each individual program and see if it fits with what you are looking for. There isn't anything out there that will hand you the answers, for the most part the user is the key to success and the time you put in learning and adapting is key. If you're not willing to get your hands dirty, then the software is useless, and that goes for any program, there is no "BlackBox" out there.

My best advice is to read as much as you can on this site in regards to RDSS, then you can try RDSS out for a month, it's free to try and you have nothing to lose, and you will probably gain some good knowledge along the way.

Best of luck with your endeavor.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:11 AM   #10
Appy
Grade 1

Thanks hoof 11.
You're a sly rascal, aren't you?
I searched that page up and the most recent post I saw was in 2009!
Good one.

I suppose by black box you mean something that just dishes out selections. Got no use for that.
As the owner/trainer of my 7 business partners in my 1 man barn on my one man ranch I'd feel safely in the money betting there isn't another member here who knows more about hard work and dirty hands!
As you might expect one of my problems is time. Seems to take me forever to handicap a few races.

2009! That's just funny as heck!