Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS 1: Bug Reports
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS 1: Bug Reports Historical Bug problems and solutions for the first version of RDSS (through V0.99.2)

Old 04-17-2007, 03:21 PM   #81
tom kalies
Grade 3

Ted

This is the other screen I was getting.

Tom K
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2007, 03:47 PM   #82
tom kalies
Grade 3

windows error

Ted,

Last item, after I restarted rdss, and was checking the conversions and sporadically hcp races, 1 to 3 per card,I got this error message. I believe this was the 10th card I was going to check and hcp a few races, when I got this error. Enough for today.

Tom K.
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2007, 09:32 AM   #83
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kalies View Post
Ted,

Last item, after I restarted rdss, and was checking the conversions and sporadically hcp races, 1 to 3 per card,I got this error message. I believe this was the 10th card I was going to check and hcp a few races, when I got this error. Enough for today.

Tom K.
Tom,

Can you reproduce this error scenario, then when you are looking at that Windows System error message, click on the link where it says 'To see what data this error report contains, click here'. Then, in the lower panel captioned 'The following files will be included in this error report', a file is named, usually along the path (in WinXP): c:\Documents and Settings\[User]\Local Settings\Temp\... Can you find this file and email it to me please.

Also Tom, can you reproduce this error in Windows Vista.

As I understand it, the error scenario is: load up a card, open a race on that card, open Past Performances, open another race etc, open another card, other races with PPs, repeat, repeat until it crashes, Correct? Can I ask: can you duplicate this every time? Please reboot your WinXP computer, go into RDSS straightaway, begin the above described process immediately, continue until you create the error message. Then do it again one more time. Can you ALWAYS make it crash? Knowing that would help too.

Thanks,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 04-18-2007, 09:37 AM   #84
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kalies View Post
Hi Ted,

Just me again, I converted about 80 or 90 cards at once. Everything was going fine until the Tam 4/16 card with our favorite horse popped up with bug 16. I clicked on it to continue and it did, but I lost the lists on the side, and then it would alternate between blank screens and regular screen with the missing lists on the side.
when al were finally converted, about a hour and a half, all the cards seem to be there and convered properly including the tam card. This is on the XP system.
Tom k

Tom, Well I'm glad to see that it survived a session of 80-90 card update, with only minor screen hiccups. I think I might do nothing about the screen appearance thingy, as the rewrite of the Download/Conversion processes will treat the Sidebar update a bit differently. If it's workable now, let's leave this for later.

(But how did you find time to handicap and wager on all those 80 cards that day...)

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-19-2007, 11:34 PM   #85
tom kalies
Grade 3

Ted,

I was trying the samething on this windows machine to see if I could get the error, in stead I got this error. You can see the amount of cards I had loaded on the side.I loaded races 1,4, & 9 for wach of the listed tracks. I hcp those races on the Aqu, Haw, & Ls. I was just looking at the races on the Pim card when this happened.

I'll followup on the Xp machine and more on this tomorrow and get back to you.

Tom K
Attached Images

Old 04-20-2007, 08:53 AM   #86
Ted Craven
Grade 1

OK Tom, thanks. I and a few others have also documented that there is currently an absolute limit on how many races can be 'alive' in computer memory at the same time and this is what you are seeing. I think the answer is around about 23-25 races, i.e. races where you have viewed the Entries screen (including 1 race with Past Performances loaded).

I consider this an exercise in mapping the boundaries of my current application architecture, as there happens to be an internal software limit (for the tools I am using) re how many visible screen widgets can exist at the same time. When that limit is exceeded, the software just goes to heaven. Now that you and others have helped find what this boundary is, I can take steps to prevent exceeding that limit - no worries.

You don't have to bother anymore purposely trying to make the program crash by opening lots of cards and races. For the time being, try limiting the cards to 2 at once if you are intending to open all the races on each card, or otherwise under 23 or so races total across all open cards. If you just close out a card, you get more room to open other races on other cards.

I can fix this.

Thanks for the testing and the reporting!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-24-2007, 04:56 PM   #87
tom kalies
Grade 3

Hi Ted,

here's a error like i was getting at tam. this time at mnr. see attached

Tom K
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2007, 06:20 PM   #88
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thanks Tom. Good old DOCTORATE. I ran into him too. If I can just figure out the commonality between him and that TAMPA horse, I'll have that bug licked.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-25-2007, 11:57 AM   #89
RichieP
Grade 1

Duplicate Tandem

Ted
working Calder and this showed up. Lower tab shows tandems and there is
1) duplicate
2) same horses shown multiple times for a race

NO pacelines checked as far as line selection. Race opened like this

have never seen this before. just checking in.

Richie
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2007, 12:03 PM   #90
RichieP
Grade 1

here is a screenshot of the tandem screen Ted
Attached Images