Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > PaceAdvantage.com 2014 Contest Series - Sponsored by RDSS! > PaceAdvantage.com 2013 Contest Series > 2012
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

2012 A series of 8 Contests leading to 'Handicapper of the Year' - RDSS is the series sponsor with over $8000 Cash and Data prizes

Old 04-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #101
Rverge
Grade 1

GOOD LUCK! to all the RDSS teams who made the playoffs! GO GET'EM!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:18 PM   #102
barb craven
Grade 1

First Patrick I apologize for not responding to your wishes, but for some reason I didn't get to this page until tonight. Thank you for that. You are always a gentleman and the first with good wishes.

Ted's right, too bad about the Rebels and Pens not making the playoffs. You never know from one week to another what's going to happen with this contest. You guys gave it a good try though, Good work. There's always next year.

Congratulations to the rest of the RDSS teams especially the Squatheads, who are going to be the team to beat.

Good luck and good skill to all of us remaining.

Barb, Mary and Pat (Dangerous Old Dams)
Old 04-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #103
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Well Barb, I was really relieved to see that there was no blood spilled in the Craven family over this contest. I am sure that we both could have done better, but the vagaries of a 3 person team are hard to know.

I guess if we had reliable biorythms we could plan who would be hot or not, but that IMHO was a total crap shoot. You could go 8 for 8 or 0 fer 8, zig when you should have zagged, and vice versa.

Anyway, good luck in the playoffs. I'd rather be lucky than good any given Saturday, at least in this contest.

Bill
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:29 AM   #104
cdax
Grade 1

Congrats to all the teams who qualified for the playoffs and best of luck for the upcoming weeks.

Chris
cdax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #105
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Well, the PAIHL team contest grinds on to the semi-finals next week, but without 2 more of the RDSS teams - Bil V, Bill L and me as Team Sartin and Barb, Pat and Mary as the Dangerous Old Dams. The Dams had an excuse - they only missed the cut by $1.10 (tough beat, that!) but we were $136 short.

Congratulations to the Dams!

The team play was tough, for me. I am reminded of the old joke headline: 'statistician drowns in average of 18 inches of water ...' Each of the Bills and I had individual times of brilliance, and plenty of consistency, but our consensus strategy just did not work out for us often enough. It was fun convening with these 2 fine gentlemen each week, and sometimes going over our picks in some detail, but I am reminded of how the handicapping/wagering process is supposed to be a 'lonely' activity.

Or, perhaps if our team had succeeded I'd now be extolling the virtues of '3 heads are better than one' etc. I doubt it, but it was fun enough while it lasted. Thank you very much Bill and Bill for your company and for what you taught me during our time together!

However, RDSS Team Texas made it to the next round in fine fashion - well done guys! And the Squatheads squatting ever on top of the heap - we wish you both well over the next 2 weeks. A shout-out also to atlasaxis' team On the Short Line, who also advanced to the semi-finals. Am I missing any other Pace and Cap regulars?

Again, well done all retiring and continuing players!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 04-23-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #106
Jay Trotter
AlwNW2X

I would like to extend my hearty congratulations to those RDSS teams still alive in the P.A.I.H.L. and condolences to those who are no longer in the playoff race. All of the RDSS teams gave it their best each week and really should be proud of their overall representation in the leage. Well done one and all.

As well, I would like to single out the Dangerous Old Dams for the tenacious efforts. Unfortunately, they were on the wrong end of that $1.10. Tough beat if ever there was one. Each of you can carry your heads high indeed!

Trotter
Jay Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #107
barb craven
Grade 1

Thanks for those kind words Jay. It was a fun time. I would like to thank you once again for all the hard work you are putting into the contest. I don't know about you, but I like turnips.

Our heartiest congratulations to all the teams that are continuing on. We wish them good luck and good skill.

Dangerous Old Dams (Barb, Pat and Mary)
Old 04-24-2012, 03:04 AM   #108
dogkatcher
Grade 1

Dear Barb, I think they should have the Inquiry sign put up. Surely you were forced to take up somewhere along the way. What a photo finish that was, and so sorry it didn't go the right way for the Dangerous ones.

Here is a photo of goatchaser expressing what we hope the squatheads will be doing next week. By more then a head, please, LOL.
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2012, 11:51 PM   #109
dogkatcher
Grade 1

Congratulations to RDSS Team Texas, for making the finals next week,
great job, go all the way. Best of Luck.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:36 AM   #110
barb craven
Grade 1

Love the picture dogcatcher. I'm sorry it didn't get to happen for you guys, but it you gave a tremendous chase. and thanks for your remark about us. It really felt funny not doing the races on Friday and Saturday. but there's always next year.