Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS - 'Learn to Win' *TEACHING & Examples > 2012 RDSS Learn to Win Contests > June Contest
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

June Contest Enter your selections and SCREEN SHOTS and explanations here. Please start a new Thread with your User Name as Title

Old 07-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #1
Bill V.
The egg man

Thumbs up And The Winner is ....

First Prize goes to NODDUB62

Second place goes to Gfnut

Third place goes to Ted Craven

Here is the prize list, Budman -Noddub62 gets to pick first
then GFNut picks and then Ted C

JUNE PRIZES

$100 cash, $50 cash, a 1 month Unlimited RDSS PP+Charts TrackMaster data ($160)

1. Player with the Highest Final Score (Bankroll times Hit Rate) chooses between $100 cash and 1 month Unlimited RDSS PP+Charts TrackMaster data ($160)
2. 2nd highest score chooses between remaining prize above and $50 cash
3. 3rd highest score gets the remaining prize.

Thanks to Ray Kuah (Buffaloxp) for suggesting the Contest in the first place and for ongoing primary Prize funding! Thanks also to Patrick K (pktruckdriver) for additional Prize funding. Thanks to TrackMaster for the RDSS data prize.

Here is the Final Score Sheet
Good Skill to you all. I hope to see you all again and I welcome all new players
to the July contest

Name:  contest.JPG
Views: 312
Size:  80.2 KB

Last edited by Bill V.; 07-01-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
rmath
Grade 1

Thumbs up June Contest

Congratulations to all who entered and a big round of applause to our top three finishers.
rmath
rmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
lsosa54
Grade 1

Nice job Budman - and to all who put themselves out there by participating.
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
Bill V.
The egg man

I'm Sorry

To all

I made a mistake. I did not get the notice that GFNUT changed his bet on
the 9th race at BHP, till this morning His original selection was # 3 but he did change the pick to 50 W/P on Horse # 5
Horse 5 won and paid 19.60 and 8.40

Here is his post which came in at 5.05 PM PT
and the offical off time for race 9 was 5:18 PT

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...2&postcount=14

Congrats to GFnut you had a fantastic day at BHP and get Second Place

My apology to Ted and Midland333
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #5
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Congrats to all, it was very fun to do this, and if I knew you'd get a months of free downloads, I may have tried harder, WOW, still nice job to all who played along.

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Congratulations Bud! That is a very consistent hit rate for the 20 race cycle (.750), of which you should be proud. I know you protested that the Place bets elevated your score by a fair percentage, but I think that's the whole point we wanted to emphacize for this Contest: that taking a bit here, a bit there keeps you at least close to breakeven or modestly positive and sets you up for a good cycle when the inevitable couple of good longshots come in each 20 races (and the long prices can occur in both the Win and Place pools).

And speaking of longshots - congratulations to Gfnut for that pair of double digit longshots at Hollywood on the final day Saturday. He stayed close enough to the breakeven point so that when those money horses fell into the normal orbit of his handicapping procedure - they propelled him to the top of the bankroll column - only the lower hit rate (.400) prevented him from taking top prize.

I believe that that is a completely normal expectation - if we can dispassionately include horses whose outer appearance is dodgy yet whose energy disbursement patterns - on our numbers - reveal hidden truths.

For myself, I am happy (enough) with my performance in June, though I will continue to seek the happier balance between a higher hit rate (> .500) and picking up a few more longer priced horses in my 20 race cycle - I should have had at least a couple more of those, at any number of tracks!

When the June Contest prize winners finally respond with their prize choices, we'll finalize the July prize list and post it.

Good luck and skill to everyone in July!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #7
Mr.Pagine
Happy Punting

Great Job to all

Good fun, and thanks to all involved. With travel, work, family, and the lake - tough to play.

Heading to Woodbine today.

Jon David Lee
Mr.Pagine is offline   Reply With Quote