Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion > Synergism
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Synergism A Forum for Synergism Users to discuss, exchange tips, post race workups.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

SYN2 Export File Testing - Help!

Could I get some feedback from experienced Synergism 2 users please! (I'll deal with Syn3 and Syn4 later, OK?) Just SYN2 ONLY, this discussion.

Could I get 2 saved files from people for the following race, per data in the screen images below: Del Mar July 18, Race 1.

File 1: name it ORIGINAL.RAC
File 2: name it ADJUSTED.RAC

1. The race distance is 8.5 furlongs.

2. For both files, enter data only for the 5 horses in the upper section, and name them simply 1, 2, 4, 6, 8.

3. Remember - RDSS reports Call times in tenths of seconds, while SYN expects call times in fifths. So, for 1:12.7 2nd call time, enter 112.3 (which introduces a .10 second inaccuracy, but that's a different discussion ...).

For File 1, enter RAW, unadjusted times from the 1st screen below (RDSS' Original screen). Enter the actual paceline distance I chose: for example, Horse 1's paceline distance is 6.5f. (We're not handicapping the race here, just getting common ground so I know what the file output should be). Please leave off APV and Class adjustments for now. Tell me what you think the Track Record should be, and also the requested setup 2nd Call and Final Time info. Please leave the Open Adjustment for each horse at 0 for now. Please DO NOT enter any shipper or track adjustment values, for now.

After you have entered data for the 5 horses, please save the file as ORIGINAL.

For File 2, enter Adjusted values from the 2nd screen below (RDSS' Adjusted screen). The distance of each paceline should be the same as today's distance: 8.5 furlongs (the call times have been projected to 8,5f, regardless of the original distance). Enter the 1st, 2nd and Final Call Times, and the corresponding Beaten lengths. Save the file as ADJUSTED.

Then, please attach these two files (ORIGINAL.RAC and ADJUSTED.RAC) to an email and send it to me: ted@sartinmethodology.com.

Name:  dmr0718-1o.png
Views: 515
Size:  71.9 KB
Name:  dmr0718-1a.png
Views: 515
Size:  66.5 KB

We can deal with the other adjustments such as APV and Class, shipper, open adjustments, etc, later.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
Houndog
Grade 1

Synergism Files

Ted I just sent you the 2 test files you requested. With all the different distances the readouts for the adjusted pacelines make more sense to me.

I think most of the experienced Synergism users here probably would not mix sprint and route pacelines in a route race. As you said this is just to test the export from RDSS to Synergism and not trying to handicap this race.

Regards------Mike "Houndog"
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
gl45
Grade 1

I have question:
what differences would arise in using raw or adjusted times.
gl45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
partsnut
BetMix User

Race Results and SYN 2 Screen Shots DMR R1 7-18-12

Here's how the race played out.
Attached Images

partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl45 View Post
I have question:
what differences would arise in using raw or adjusted times.
Raw is raw - original paceline distances, original call times and beaten lengths.

Adjusted lines would all be projected/extracted to today's race distance (using RDSS' formulas for extracting sprints from routes, and projecting sprints to routes). At your option, Daily Track Variant and Inter Track Variant are also incorporated (or omitted). A surface adjustment is also applied. So, when the data hits Synergism, it's as if the lines were all at today's distance, all on today's surface, all from the same track and all run over the same relative track surface speed (i.e. the effect of normalizing DTV).

You would simply choose to use RDSS variant set and adjustments (supplied by Trackmaster/Equibase), or do without them.

I'm still trying to understand the effect of the 3 Year Best time component: whether we absolutely need the DRF figure, or whether some other 'par' figure as long as it is consistently applied, is just as functional. Certainly the user can enter a 3 year best figure in RDSS before export (which could be saved) - OR, if these are already saved in the Syner3.par file, RDSS can read that file and extract that time par adn send it in the SYN2 file export. SYN3 already requires that file (and it needs to be accurate, and updated for new track codes), so no reason not to make use of it for the SYN2 file export.

My understanding so far ...

Hope that helps.
Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-18-2012, 09:52 PM   #6
partsnut
BetMix User

Hi Ted,

I'm of the opinion and theoretically thinking, if RDSS converts a file to the same file structure as Synergism 2 or 3 the Synergism par times and 3 year best times are not really necessary.Neither is the input of the times for the half and the final times as called for in SYN 2. The newly converted files whether raw or adjusted will be read by the Synergism programs if the data file structure is exactly the same.
As you have stated the file can be adjusted and governed by the RDSS par times and equalized or they can be the "Raw" data. The choice is up to the individual user.
The beauty of RDSS is that it can equalize distances.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #7
shoeless
Grade 1

Parts,

Nice job on race
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #8
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Does anyone know - definitively - whether SYN2, and SYN3, expects Call Times in fifths or tenths of seconds?

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #9
shoeless
Grade 1

Ted,

I use fifths but not sure if you can use the others
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #10