Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion > Synergism
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Synergism A Forum for Synergism Users to discuss, exchange tips, post race workups.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #121
Mr.Pagine
Happy Punting

Thanks Bill

Much Appreciated Bill V.

It works.....
Mr.Pagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:53 PM   #122
gl45
Grade 1

MNR tonight contenders b4 scratches
#1....2-3-4-6-10
#3....1-4-5-6-7
#6....1-3-8-9-10
#9....1-4-8-9-10

use SYN 2 for winners selection
gl45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #123
gl45
Grade 1

#1.....2-3-6-7-10.....#4 scratch
Old 12-01-2012, 11:29 AM   #124
CEW
Grade 1

Synergism II

Shoeless....

Greetings - we've passed notes here before, but not for quite a while. I was catching up on reading through these forums and saw your Synergism II comments, etc. I wrote in another thread this morning that I think Syn. II is the best. Purdy really had his head into that program. It reduces handicapping to pacelines and contenders. His average mutuel is/was one of the highest in the group.

I hit a $105 horse in one of the Maryland tournaments, as well as an $80 horse another time at that tournament with that program. I don't thinnk anything can touch it. And its basically the meridian that makes it so powerful.

I just won the Maryland Jockey Club tournament 3 weeks ago and will be in the World Series in Vegas (February). And the last race that put me over the top that day was on the grass at HOL and I nailed it with Syn II. It's a real money tournament, and I had the biggest win bet of my life on 2 horses. One controlled the front end, and the top 3rd fraction horse cruised home past the field and that was that!

Anyway, if anyone wants to discuss the ins and outs of Synergism, drop a line here!

Good luck to all!

Chuck Wilson
CEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #125
gl45
Grade 1

Chuck,
can you share with us your finding about all the adjustment that SYN 2 makes with the meridian variant?
Thanks,
gl
Old 12-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #126
shoeless
Grade 1

Chuck,

You live in Maryland if so your in my neck of the woods.

Congrats on the contests

Any tips you have please feel free to post

Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #127
gl45
Grade 1

MNR tonight
#2.....1-3-4-5-10...contenders
1-5-4 my bets 1-4 to win
Old 12-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #128
shoeless
Grade 1

Chuck,

Now that I think of it your name rings a bell and appreciate very much
your post.When I first started this thread I was hoping someone that
was really proficent with Syn2 would join in.

If you would ever care to post a race and show us how you go about
using Syn2 I think it would really benefit people interested that use it.
You really dont have to go into paceline selection unless you want to,
just how you use the readouts would be fine.

Jeff
Old 12-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #129
shoeless
Grade 1

Pino,

Good Luck
Old 12-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #130
CEW
Grade 1

Hi Guys..........

I can post a race if my teenager will show me how!

A few things from my perspective. What I use is a straight phase 3 with a meridian adjustment. This is explained way back in Issue 1 or 2 by Dick Schmidt. I don't adjust as much as he describes in that article - using track class and class. Once in a while. But the framework is the same.

My program has a glitch where it won't export a few tracks into it. HOL is one and Oaktree is another. I will get that fixed before the World Series! At the Maryland tournament, the tracks were AQU, WO, LRL, CD, and the first 5 at HOL. So I worked up AQU, CD, and WO. Before I left the house, I layed out a timeline and realized that the 5th at HOL was going to be the last race of the day. And I remember saying to myself 'you might need that race'. Since I couldn't get my machine to open HOL, I ran that race through Synergism II, printed it, and drove to LRL. Good thing because after the penultimate race,I had about 4 minutes to decide what play to make. My top 2 Ws were also top 2 in sustained, it was a grass route, and it worked out well.

When I was putting the program together, I had every line adjust to a 55.00 fps. So if any horse wired the field, he got a FW of 55.00, regardless of actual final time. This was for testing purposes so I could be sure it was functioning at every distance. I got used to seeing these numbers this way and never reverted back to actual fps. (I never used Ultra Scan, but I think its very close to this concept. The readouts seem to be similar.)

The biggest hurdle with a meridian adjust is that you cannot enter an uncompetitive line for a horse. He must be close at the half or final or both. So a horse that wins in 1:14 will come out better than a horse that was 2 or 3 back in 1:10. That takes some getting used to! All comes down to contenders and pacelines. I remember Jim Bradshaw at the Saratoga Seminar - he leans into the microphone and says slowly and loudly: "Contenders......Pacelines!".

Anyway, I'm running out of time this morning, but hopefully tonight I post what I believe to be the main components of Syn II. Here's my email, if I'm allowed to do that here(?) cewilso@erols.com. Maybe on an email, I'll lay out what I think the program does in specifics.

Regards !

Chuck
CEW is offline   Reply With Quote