Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 07-30-2005, 06:21 AM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1

Change in Del Mar format

Good morning. I have NOT been posting readouts correctly. The way to use the program as per Doc's instructions are to hide to the top 5 total energy and line score. Also some user decision IS always involved as per projections,extractions,going to line 4 when there is an intervening non comparable line.

Binder spoke to me about this and he is 100% right. Thanx Bill!

ALL future posts will be the paceline CHOICES of the poster

ALL future posts wil show the top 5 and ties total energy and line score horses ONLY after hiding down from the body of the race

This way the readouts and looks will mean much more to those who follow along ok?

Richie
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 12:00 PM   #2
Phase III Lives
Grade 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP
Good morning. I have NOT been posting readouts correctly. The way to use the program as per Doc's instructions are to hide to the top 5 total energy and line score. Also some user decision IS always involved as per projections,extractions,going to line 4 when there is an intervening non comparable line.

Binder spoke to me about this and he is 100% right. Thanx Bill!

ALL future posts will be the paceline CHOICES of the poster

ALL future posts wil show the top 5 and ties total energy and line score horses ONLY after hiding down from the body of the race

This way the readouts and looks will mean much more to those who follow along ok?

Richie
Richie I appreciate this - when you get a sec could you answer a
question:

line score - this is the 3 fractions correct? This may sound stupid but how do you determine the top 5 some are obvious (112,311,...) but when you get to the 4-7's do you pick the ones with the best TE? I am interested in your thought process there

thanks jeff
Phase III Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 06:21 PM   #3
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase III Lives
Richie I appreciate this - when you get a sec could you answer a
question:

line score - this is the 3 fractions correct? This may sound stupid but how do you determine the top 5 some are obvious (112,311,...) but when you get to the 4-7's do you pick the ones with the best TE? I am interested in your thought process there

thanks jeff
Hi Jeff

The "line score" u ask about is a totalling of the primary readouts of the program. It DOES include COMPOUNDING formulas of the calls of the race

Ok I am not sure what u mean by the "4- 7's" u ask about . If u can explain a little I will be glad to try to answer I am sorry it took this long to reply Jeff. I was on the road yesterday and am typing this from The Meadowlands Racetrack in Jersey lol

Non stop action this week lol

As far as how I wager if you like I can post readouts of a couple of races I hit this weekend including today Then I can also show a couple of races I bet and LOST cause I made the wrong DECISION ok?

Stay cool Jeff hope the weekend is going good man

Richie
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 09:25 PM   #4
Phase III Lives
Grade 2

richie - you answered my question -

by 4-7's I meant line score components of rankings like 4 6 7 or 6 4 6... I was just wondering how you included that 4th and 5th horse - i think you just add them up and see which is lowest... Yes i would like a step by step process of how u use val to get your contenders (which u did ) and then the steps to say - this is my #1, #2 #3... and NO Hurry - this is low priority ... it just would be helpful ...

Hope you had a great weekend - i was on the road unexpected ly - taking my daughter from and back to a camp 4 hours away...

oh and Richie - i was the one who sent you the sartin alum email ...lol

jeff
Phase III Lives is offline   Reply With Quote