Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 07-01-2009, 10:40 AM   #1
MartyZee
AlwNW3X

What's going on

Being a member of this forum and Pace Advantage I have enjoyed most post but what did you do to Partsnuts to set him off? I have used many software programs throughout my 40+ years of betting and even though I'm still a newbie with RDSS software I find myself doing relatively well; I'f I don't have success with certain types of software I don't use it but I don't tell people it's an inferior product; it's possible that it works for others and not for me; I guarantee you that no 2 people use the same paceline every single time when they use your program.Right now I LOVE your proram and who knows how I'll feel about it in the future.Sometimes the blame lies within.I have found most people on both boards to be very nice- but to go around bashing a software program because I have failed with it will be the last thing I will do- KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK- Thanks Marty
MartyZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyZee View Post
... what did you do to Partsnuts to set him off?
For the record, for the life of me I cannot recall personally saying anything to Partsnut (Bill Hirschman) which should cause him grief, he has not written me nor I him in over a year and we have never spoken. He wrote cordially to me over the course of a few years. Ask him what troubles him, if you like.

Possibly he has issues with others here. It is not my concern.

Marty, I am glad you are enjoying your time spent at the races, and with RDSS!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:11 PM   #3
MartyZee
AlwNW3X

Ted

Ted- I don't know him and have no desire to do so- I just don't like the fact that he's attacking your product and calling it inferior; I've used many programs some with success and some that didn't work FOR ME- That doesn't mean that the program is garbage; I have found good success with Joe Z progam/ URTI/ Equism just to name a few. I have made the decision to take my game to a higher level and right now I have found that RDSS is the way to go for me
MartyZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:25 PM   #4
Bill V.
The egg man

Hi Marty

I feel bad for Ted and a few others here
I blame myself...I made a yes and no list
as what would be best for what I feel
belongs here
I made a decision and now I must
accept the results of my gut feelings

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #5
Tim Y
turf historian

Having been around literally HUNDREDS of users of the Sartin Methodology over the years, I can attest to the fact that a small percentage, through too high an initial expectation, frustration, not being able to "get it" or a myriad or other avenues that get them to abandon the method before it becomes a part of them, become strong vocal advocates to denigrate what they could not make successful FOR THEM.

Knowing what they gave up and realizing how most simply refuse to listen to any support suggestions, I disregard the comments and go on my merry way knowing what I know that the software is only HALF the battle. TRANSFORMING the knowledge the program gives us into wagering decisions is the harder aspect once software proficiency has been attained.

SO be it. "Can't please everyone so you've got to please yourself."
Old 07-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #6
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

I think I may be responsible for this trouble, as I posted on PA that I am no longer using HSH and came over here and am very happy with RDSS.

The fury I set off went spiraling out of control, I ma truly soory Ted and all, I did not mean it to go where it did, I was trying to state how happy I was
now and it blew up, sorry.

Here is the link

http://paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59267

Again I am sorry for how crazy it got, but I still stand here and think I have the right program , I am happy and you all make me feel rght at home, so that is why I am upset over this debacuale, not spelled right, forgive me.

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:08 AM   #7
Tim Y
turf historian

I try to enlighten people at PA all the time about the wonders of using energy distribution, BUT I get poop all the time.

let 'em...Doesn't break my heart a bit.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:33 AM   #8
mikesal57
Grade 1

Patrick..Don't believe your friends when they ask you to be honest with them. All they really want is to be maintained in the good opinion they have of themselves.
* Albert Camus

I too am a member at PA but havent posted in years...the site is too general for me...I wanted to learn to handicap and finding pace & cap is just what the doctor ordered..The match-up was the end of the rainbow that I've been searching for 30 years...

Why Ted decided to advertise there is a mystery to me..they have bashed and contradicted everyone running this site terribly and even the method itself they knocked around. But it works for me and thats what counts!!

mike
Old 07-02-2009, 11:57 AM   #9
mikesal57
Grade 1

p.s- that picture of the truck is hilarious...I'm still cracking up
Old 07-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #10
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Yes it is, but hopefully they weren't wishing that upon me, if so, oh well.

Thanks guys, I am trying to wean myself off the PA Board, and will eventually get R done, but may only be able to back away slowly, until I am too far from the keyboard, as I do seem to invoke some outrageous responses, and I will miss it, but now that I have something better to work with, I feel this tool will help me get to where I am going and I have not even touched upon The Match-up yet, just the concept makes so much sense, matching up each horse in the race and eliminating the non-contenders in a most logical way, how simple is that concept when done in the right way, a little time consuming , yeah, but done right you know how your race will be run, and know if you got value to wager it, I will be theer someday soon, but right now one step at a time
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote