Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion > Synergism
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Synergism A Forum for Synergism Users to discuss, exchange tips, post race workups.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

SYN2 Export File Testing - Help!

Could I get some feedback from experienced Synergism 2 users please! (I'll deal with Syn3 and Syn4 later, OK?) Just SYN2 ONLY, this discussion.

Could I get 2 saved files from people for the following race, per data in the screen images below: Del Mar July 18, Race 1.

File 1: name it ORIGINAL.RAC
File 2: name it ADJUSTED.RAC

1. The race distance is 8.5 furlongs.

2. For both files, enter data only for the 5 horses in the upper section, and name them simply 1, 2, 4, 6, 8.

3. Remember - RDSS reports Call times in tenths of seconds, while SYN expects call times in fifths. So, for 1:12.7 2nd call time, enter 112.3 (which introduces a .10 second inaccuracy, but that's a different discussion ...).

For File 1, enter RAW, unadjusted times from the 1st screen below (RDSS' Original screen). Enter the actual paceline distance I chose: for example, Horse 1's paceline distance is 6.5f. (We're not handicapping the race here, just getting common ground so I know what the file output should be). Please leave off APV and Class adjustments for now. Tell me what you think the Track Record should be, and also the requested setup 2nd Call and Final Time info. Please leave the Open Adjustment for each horse at 0 for now. Please DO NOT enter any shipper or track adjustment values, for now.

After you have entered data for the 5 horses, please save the file as ORIGINAL.

For File 2, enter Adjusted values from the 2nd screen below (RDSS' Adjusted screen). The distance of each paceline should be the same as today's distance: 8.5 furlongs (the call times have been projected to 8,5f, regardless of the original distance). Enter the 1st, 2nd and Final Call Times, and the corresponding Beaten lengths. Save the file as ADJUSTED.

Then, please attach these two files (ORIGINAL.RAC and ADJUSTED.RAC) to an email and send it to me: ted@sartinmethodology.com.

Name:  dmr0718-1o.png
Views: 540
Size:  71.9 KB
Name:  dmr0718-1a.png
Views: 542
Size:  66.5 KB

We can deal with the other adjustments such as APV and Class, shipper, open adjustments, etc, later.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote