Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Velocity Programs
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Velocity Programs This area is for users of Older type Sartin Programs hand entry type

Old 05-20-2006, 10:19 AM   #1
shoeless
Grade 1

Energy Help

I did this 1st race at Pimlico and the variegate is saying sustained but the next screen the horses are it looks to me ranked early.Can someone please help with this.Thanks Jeff
Attached Images

shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 10:20 AM   #2
shoeless
Grade 1

the next one
Attached Images

Old 05-20-2006, 10:55 AM   #3
shoeless
Grade 1

Well here is a good example of why putting pacelines in is so important.For Dukes I originally used a Feb 23rd paceline at Lrl because it was 6 fur.This is what I would have gotten if I would have used Dukes last race at Pim 5.5 furlongs.I usually go back after I do a race to see where I screwed up.This cost me a 60 ex and 400 tri .Oh well learn by your mistakes.Jeff
Attached Images

Old 05-20-2006, 09:09 PM   #4
Rxlawyer
Grade 1

Jeff: I fail to see what difference the Dukes line made in your decision making process. The race clearly has two separate groups of horses. There appears to be 3 or 4 that are fairly early type horses with very little sustained ability. Then there is a group of 3 horses with superior sustained ability. This looks like the type of race where the early speed is destined to kill each other and set the race up perfectly for closers. If you follow the ESP analysis in the Matchup then you almost certainly would have been betting the closers. No matter which way you decide I do not see much of a difference for Dukes from one pace line to the other.

The good news is that you have a great attitude and will use the race as a learning experience.

Gary
Rxlawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 10:53 PM   #5
shoeless
Grade 1

Gary,Thanks for your reply.Do you know why on the first set of screen shots why the variegate comes up sustained and the next screen ranks early.Shouldnt it be the other way around.Jeff
Old 05-21-2006, 12:32 AM   #6
tom
Grade 1

Shoeless,
I think it is ordered by early so you can see the flow of the race - the early horses first, then the late ones. Doc used to draw triangles to represent running style and this shows that. I haven't used Energy in a while, but I think it is always ordered from EP on top. i would think your later runners look best on the screen.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 07:14 AM   #7
shoeless
Grade 1

Tom,Thanks for your reply.I thought what variegate it showed then the next screen would be how they would be ranked according to that.

Does anyone know what the last program was that the old Pirco group did?Jeff
Old 05-21-2006, 08:44 AM   #8
Rxlawyer
Grade 1

Smile

Jeff: Tom is absolutely correct. The rankings/verigate screen is always listed according to EP. As Jim "The Hat" recently reminded me - the race starts when the gate opens. Jim and Doc wanted you to see and feel the race from the start. That is why I mentioned that the early horses had poor sustained and the group would probably tire each other opening the race to the closers. Gary
Rxlawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 09:18 AM   #9
shoeless
Grade 1

Gary,Thanks as well.I guess I got Energy mixed up with Thoromation where you first went to the thoromation screen then went to pre play to match it up.Jeff
Old 05-24-2006, 11:19 AM   #10
Houndog
Grade 1

Energy Variegate Predictor

Jeff, was wondering what might happen if you entered less horses in Energy. It is my opinion that Energy does not work like Speculator in this area. Energy seems to give more false variegate predictors as more horses are entered. In this case it seems to be accurate. I see where 3 horses had 0.00 Emuv. This would indicate to me a battle up front. Also the 0.00 Muv horse was weak in all rankings other than EP. The rankings sort although useful in this respect, is the least powerful of all the screens. I would also look at the last screen the Match-Up Exdc for further confirmation.

Last edited by Houndog; 05-24-2006 at 11:34 AM.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote