Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 11-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #1
trotman
Grade 1

Drf

Well these past few days 3 trainers and a clocker get suspended from Penn National and DRF post it well after The Paulick Report. Funny, in general DRF avoids this stuff like the plague and they now want you to pay for DRF+. For the 3 trainers and clocker it was all about the money, deception of the betting public. This IMO is true with regards to DRF deception of their subscribers as they fail to report what really is going on in racing. Kudo's to you Ray keep going after the scum.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
Appy
Grade 1

So the betting public sees a few bucks distributed to undeserving hands...what's new?

The real losers in all this are the horses, prisoners to a Planet of the Apes mentality.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #3
trotman
Grade 1

Appy,
This isn't something new it's the norm, always has been. But now ask yourself, Wells, Ness, Navarro all young guns still wet behind the ears, but they want it. Back in the day some of the biggest trainers had a gun in the mouth to play ball and now days these guys figure, screw you all I win. History in anything has a way repeating itself. I say this because the ones in the past sucking on a gun, some are still here and those I mentioned will be forgotten. Like handicapping there is no short route to the pot of gold.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #4
Appy
Grade 1

True enough trotman. I know one of the 3 you mentioned, but I do not KNOW he's a poker. He is however, a product of the trainer regimen I refer to as "cowboy chemists" and wins more than most.
There are those, including myself, who are working for change and seeing some progress. Unfortunately there is a great deal of owner/trainer resistance under the camouflaged guise of "benevolence".