Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 06-01-2017, 02:35 PM   #11
Hoof 11
Grade 1

I thought it was just me.

This is what i get when i try and download a card.
Attached Images

Hoof 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:43 PM   #12
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I moved this thread from the RDSS 2.1 Testing Forum to this Public forum in case anyone else is having this problem.

I talked to Tim G (Lt1) and connected to his computer. He indeed cannot login to TrackMaster to download race cards, and the issue is not incorrect UID or PWD or expired or declined credit card. I was able to make RDSS work on my computer using HIS credentials. This issue is NOT on TrackMaster's end - it's on each individual computer.

The issue for him - and for anyone else reporting not being able to download normally - is some kind of changed setting in the Windows Firewall, not permitting RDSS to login to a UID/PWD controlled website (i.e. TrackMaster).

So, Raine05 and SoCal Al - this almost certainly describes your situation as well (however, many other users ARE downloading successfully today).

I would ask you to go to your Windows Control Panel, System and Security - then in the Windows Firewall section, look for a link to 'Allow an App through Windows Firewall'. This will display a listing of 'Allowed apps and features'. Scroll the list looking for RDSS Racing Decision Support System. If it's not there, click the Change Settings button, then 'Allow another App button'. Click Browse to browse to the location of the RDSS program (either on folder c:\rdss2 or c:\rdss2.1 program: rdss2.exe - depending on which version you are using). Click to select the RDSS2 program and add it to the list, then click Add.

Now close the Windows Firewall window, shut down your computer, restart it and restart RDSS2. See if that worked.

If not - so far I am out of ideas I will try a few other local computers to see if I can duplicate this problem and try to get clues and suggestions.

Another idea if the above does not work is to try to 'roll back' your computer to a previous setup where everything worked.

I will report further ... Sorry for this unexplained glitch!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:57 PM   #13
Hoof 11
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post

I would ask you to go to your Windows Control Panel, System and Security - then in the Windows Firewall section, look for a link to 'Allow an App through Windows Firewall'. This will display a listing of 'Allowed apps and features'. Scroll the list looking for RDSS Racing Decision Support System. If it's not there, click the Change Settings button, then 'Allow another App button'. Click Browse to browse to the location of the RDSS program (either on folder c:\rdss2 or c:\rdss2.1 program: rdss2.exe - depending on which version you are using). Click to select the RDSS2 program and add it to the list, then click Add.

Now close the Windows Firewall window, shut down your computer, restart it and restart RDSS2. See if that worked.
This did not fix the problem.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:03 PM   #14
Bill S
AlwNW3X

Trackmaster changes our passwords sometimes. I don't even think they know how it happens. It's not happening in RDSS. I have had problems like this several times during the past few years.

I call them and have the password reset, then I can connect and download again. It happened one time too when my credit card expired and I forgot to update the new expiration date. The error was the same as the other time though.
Bill S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:07 PM   #15
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I just got off the phone with Trackmaster/Equibase top tech guy.

There was an update to the SSL security certificate on their server May 30. Everyone who has applied the latest Windows Updates for their version of Windows should have a Windows security certificate change in effect which solves this problem (or never exposes them to this problem). RDSS uses a rather older method for connecting securely to download TrackMaster data, and until now, this older method caused no trouble.

So - the current advice is: Update your version of Windows to apply all the latest updates available. (Any Windows XP users may have problems ...)

I am going to test something on someone's computer known to have a problem to see if doing this solves things and will report back - or anyone trying that can report back here please.

More soon ...

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 06-01-2017, 03:36 PM   #16
clore1030
Grade 1

I've had the problem all day. Wasn't that concerned early as I only saw two races and of them, the first was at 336pm.

By 230pm I was concerned, called Trackmaster, they couldn't figure it out, transferred me to tech, no answer there and could not leave a message. So, I called back and they told me to come here.

I've followed your suggestions re the firewall, Windows Update (none required), rebooted - still have the same problem.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:43 PM   #17
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I am testing with one RDSS user whether applying all outstanding Windows Updates (particularly those related to 'Security') solve the problem.

I will report here. Meanwhile - please do update your version of WIndows to see if that solves the problem, and let us know.

FWIW, I have tested a Windows 10 and Windows Vista machine in my office, both of which get Windows updates applied regularly, and both of which work normally downloading Trackmaster data today.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 06-01-2017, 03:46 PM   #18
Hoof 11
Grade 1

I updated my desktop, still having the same problem.

I took a small update yesterday morning on my PC, that is probably the problem. I had no problems downloading a card 2 days ago.

My tablet is having the same problem, and i haven't used it since last October.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:54 PM   #19
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoof 11 View Post
I updated my desktop, still having the same problem.

I took a small update yesterday morning on my PC, that is probably the problem. I had no problems downloading a card 2 days ago.

My tablet is having the same problem, and i haven't used it since last October.
Thanks Gil. Just waiting for a report from one other user updating Windows 7 to see how reliable a solution this, before getting back to TrackMaster Tech.

Can I ask what version of Windows you just applied the updates for (your Desktop).

Thanks.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 06-01-2017, 03:59 PM   #20
clore1030
Grade 1

FYI - update to above - I'm running Win 7 and still have the problem.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote