Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Velocity Programs
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Velocity Programs This area is for users of Older type Sartin Programs hand entry type

Old 05-30-2006, 01:37 AM   #1
peter e
AlwNW2X

Energy--Sprint to Route.

I have always used the manual adjustment with sprinters in route races. The problem with this is that you are also adjusting routers that may not need adjusting.
Having download "Validator" I have been changing the sprint lines to routes and then rerunning the route line in the Energy program. This seems to work better though I have only run about 50 races.
Any thoughts about sprint to route adjustments?
peter e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:53 AM   #2
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter e
I have always used the manual adjustment with sprinters in route races. The problem with this is that you are also adjusting routers that may not need adjusting.
Having download "Validator" I have been changing the sprint lines to routes and then rerunning the route line in the Energy program. This seems to work better though I have only run about 50 races.
Peter,
I am curious how you are using the Validator. If you are using the version with the Trackmaster download you are working off adjusted numbers that are gonna be extremely fast when compared with actual reality. If you are entering those resulting lines into the software wow!

Speaking of winning sprinters stretching out: Evangeline Downs in the last week and a half no matter how good your sprint lines projected if you are the trainer and your last name isn't " Breaux" you didn't win. If it was it was payday city. Whomever this guy is he is unconscious.

Anyway looking forward to hearing how you are using the Validator Peter.

Richie
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:03 AM   #3
Houndog
Grade 1

Quote:
Are you using the Equalized, Normalized adjustment in Validator? I have never tried that procedure. It has been my experience that when using THOROMATION which will project sprinters going into routes the sprinters project too fast. I don't know if the multiplier would work any better. This for me has always been the tough part in my decision making process. If you are correct in including the sprinter in a route you get the winner in many cases.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:25 PM   #4
peter e
AlwNW2X

I have been using the Validator manual entry. Setting the race up as a route, entering the sprint line, and using the new route line it projects.
Peter
peter e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:51 PM   #5
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
I have been using the Validator manual entry. Setting the race up as a route, entering the sprint line, and using the new route line it projects.
Peter
Bingo!

Now the fog lifts as they say here by the water's edge.

Thanx Peter.

Richie
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote