Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...)
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) Interactive Teaching & Learning - Race Conditions, Contenders, Pacelines, Advanced Concepts, Betting ...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2017, 11:18 AM   #1
Jeebs
Grade 1

Reflecting on my month with the Methodology

I've been on P&C for a few years now, and have been an on/off subscriber of RDSS. When I decided to "re-up" if you will last month, I decided that I was going to commit myself to finally using RDSS "the right way" - and by that, I mean choosing MY OWN lines instead of depending on a default strategy (which can work IF you put your OWN thinking into that too, some of those line selections may not be comparable due to factors).

Bankroll was a factor in starting up. In a perfect world, I would have $500-$1000 to the side. Unfortunately, life doesn't always work that way when you have a family and have to take care of bills and groceries, etc. Nevertheless, I took a $20 deposit (which is absolutely NOT an optimal strategy) and decided to make a go of it at Tampa.

March 1st, My first wager ($14 in Win dutches), netted me a $16.40 profit. Ok, we have something going here. Next wager, $6 in Dutch bets, nets a $10.80 profit. Two races, up $27.20. Life is good.

Next day, I find a single race from Gulfstream. Again, $15 in Win Dutch bets. A price horse off hiding the chalk gets home, and my profit for the day is $29. Through Day 2, the account is up $56.20. Not bad for an initial $20 outlay.

Day 3, I choose 3 races at Gulfstream. 1st race, a $20 dutch nets a $20.80 total profit. Race 5, a 3-horse Dutch totalling $24 nets a $38.40 profit. Hot hand. Race 11 sees me take my first "whiff". Still a black day, $39.20 to the good. Overall, the account is up $95.40 heading into the weekend.

Day 4 was my first losing day. I played 8 races total from different tracks (Gulf, Tampa, Sam Houston, Delta, Santa Anita). While I did have a few cashes, the account took a $41.50 swing in the wrong direction.

Sunday (Day 5), I select two races at Tampa. This was in my opinion, a killing. Race 1, I fall in love with a single horse. Instead of a Dutch, I bet it straight up for $10. Horse wins at an $11.20 mutuel and through 1 race, up $46. Then, it happens: I hide a chalk and make a $20 Dutch with two mid pricers. A $12.50 price on a $12 wager nets a $55 race profit, a $101.60 day profit and a $155.50 total account profit after 15 races in 5 days. Walking on air.

Two losing days playing 3 early Parx races soon follow, swinging the bankroll down $28. It happens. I get back into stride that Wednesday at Tampa, albeit modestly. I profit $32.80 on a 2-horse $20 total win Dutch before a 2nd similar Dutch ends in a whiff. $12.80 profit is still a profit for the day.

I then end my initial 20-race bow in style. I do a $5 Dutch in a turfer that I have reservations about and collect a Mark Casse bomb off the bench to the tune of $30.60. After a small whiff at Oaklawn, I conclude the cycle with an $11 profit betting two horses at a Gulfstream.

The results of this 20-race cycle: $374 wagered, $544.90 returned. $1.46 ROI. A profit of $170.90 off an initial $20 deposit. This was a massive success. And there would be more to come... or so I thought. Part 2 next.
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote