Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 05-01-2006, 06:09 PM   #1
Houndog
Grade 1

Kentucky Derby undercard

I will be paying close attention to the Kentucky Derby undercard, as many solid overlay opportunities usually exist in several races. I don't know if it is the crowd, the competitive races, shippers, or a combination of these factors.

Other opinions on this are most welcome.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:32 PM   #2
Dap Daddi
Dap Daddi

Send a message via MSN to Dap Daddi
Houndog:

You are talking my kind of language. I had asked Richie to assit in firing up the troops in coming together with plays for the whole Churchill Day ndercard. Last year the rolling Pick 3's and Pick 4's were huge pay-outs. I would love to get my hands on some of that $$$$. I will do my part to post my hadndicapping selections for that day. I will be the first to admit I don't know that much about how Churchill plays as my area of expertise is strickly the west coast tracks. SO I am in with whatever I can do. Here's hoping others share with their knowledge!

Dap!
Dap Daddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:58 PM   #3
Houndog
Grade 1

Dap, I think your expertise would translate well in any track you decided to play.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:21 PM   #4
Dap Daddi
Dap Daddi

Churchhil Undercard

Thank you for the compliment, we just gotts get the "Italian Stallion", Bill The Admin, and everybody else to bring it on! As we say in the hood "Can You Feel Me"

Dap!
Old 05-03-2006, 01:58 PM   #5
Dap Daddi
Dap Daddi

DRF has now posted the entire undercard for Churchill Saturday. I understand the Trackmaster will have the PP's files ready for download this evening as well. Bill (admin), Richie, Russ (Kiltman),Tompkins(Dr.),Houndog, RxLawyer,Chris(Maiden), Shoeless, (Jeff), Turbulator, Ted (Mr. Craven) , and everyone else who I either do not know by name or handle but are members here IT IS TIME TO GET BUSY!! Lets put our heads together and come up with the winners for the undercard.

DAP!
Old 05-03-2006, 02:28 PM   #6
Houndog
Grade 1

Dap, thanks for the heads up on Trackmaster. That gives everyone plenty of time to work this card. Hope all of us can take some of that Saturday money with us.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:38 PM   #7
Houndog
Grade 1

Woodford Reserve Turf Classic 9th Race

With the exception of the Kentucky Derby I have not worked this card yet. Although these comments do not have anything to do with pace I just have some initial observations. We have a 4 year old filly named Gorella going against the guys. After researching this horse I see that it ran a good third to Artie Schiller and Leroidesanimaux in last years Breeder's Cup mile. Prior to that she ran a good second to Starcraft in the Prix du Moulin de Longchamp in France. Cacique was also in this race and finished 7th out of nine entrants.
This was a Group 1 race.The comments were she finished fast and she does her best work late on. Will have to see her past performances to see what she has been doing lately.

Last edited by Houndog; 05-04-2006 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:29 PM   #8
Dap Daddi
Dap Daddi

BEWARE I bet this horse in the Breeders Cup when she again ran against the boys. She is for real!
Old 05-04-2006, 08:51 PM   #9
Houndog
Grade 1

Humana Distaff Churchill Downs 8th

Dap, looks like a few California based horses entered here. A.C. Avila shipping in from California. Since you are familiar with the California circuit any comments on any of the horses would be most welcome.

Last edited by Houndog; 05-04-2006 at 08:55 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:37 PM   #10
Dap Daddi
Dap Daddi

Brother Dog:

Bobby Frankel's horse Cacique looks tough!. He did run in a race back of the 4th of September at Longchamp France (Equivelent to Saratoga) and lost to the filly Gorella. Frankel is dangerous anywhere he and P. Val show up. Keep this one in your radar. Tranier James Cassidy's go to guy when he has a live mount is Kent Desourmeaux. I would pair my bets or plays in this race to Carique and Gorella!