Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 08-09-2007, 04:48 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

*RDSS & Premier Turf Club*

I just had a very fruitful and enlightening discussion with Ian Meyers of Premier Turf Club. Some of you may know that in addition to being the brains behind one of the most exciting and innovative new ADW operations (Advance Deposit Wager) for taking wagers over the Internet and giving legal, on-shore rebates, he also is a long-time fan of Doc Sartin and the Methodology (waves his ragged and dog-eared Yellow Manual as proof).

We made an arrangement for all RDSS users which could result in your monthly TrackMaster data costs being drasticly reduced or even free depending on volume. Any RDSS user who opens a new account with PTC will receive a $100 credit in their account at the end of each month where they wager $3000 or more. This credit is in addition to any rebates based on wagering volume, which average around 6-7% to start. Actually, you can do with the $100 as you wish: withdraw it to pay for data, increase your bankroll, donate it - whatever. It's $100 more than you had before.

When you open a new account with PTC, just let them know you are an RDSS user and they'll flag your account accordingly.

$3000 may be more than some (or many) of you currently wager in a month, but take the time to check your records and see how it all adds up across all types of wagers: WPS, Exotics and multi-leg bets. There's no penalty for starting small while steadily and confidently working up to higher volumes.

For myself, I see working with Ian to help Premier Turf Club succeed, is probably the best thing I can do to effect change in the current bizarro world of North American Internet wagering, where one day your ADW carries your track, the next day not. As it stands now, we need several accounts to cover all the tracks. These early days, PTC definitely is lacking in the major tracks and circuits, but I can think of no downside to giving them our business for those tracks which they do carry, including some Pace and Cap favourites such as: CNL, EVD, FE, HAW, MNR, HOU, TUP, TP, WO (hurray, my 'home' track), plus others. Ian seems to be connected to everyone and hell-bent on cadging, charming, shaming and persuading more and more tracks to sign up.

I know that RDSS is not yet open for business so this offer really only applies at the moment to the Testers, but I'm working as fast as I can to get this thing out there sometime in the Autumn for everyone else to take a look at. If there are any questions about this deal, or about Premier Turf Club in general, please post them here and I or Ian (aka 'Premier Turf Club' here at Pace and Cap) will answer.

Premier Turf Club: www.premierturfclub.com. Check out their free demo site.

High roller that I am at the moment, I signed up with my $200 hot dollars from a few good hits in the Summer Stakes Contest, and I'm working towards my first $100 RDSS rebate! Shouldn't take too long...

yours,

Ted
Old 08-09-2007, 06:14 PM   #2
JimG
Grade 1

My opinion is that only good things can come for us horse players when Ian Myers and Ted Craven team up. Two class guys! And Ted, your right, the betting does add up, especially when things are going good.

Jim
Old 08-09-2007, 08:48 PM   #3
Premier Turf Club
AlwNW1X

Ted,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm looking forward to working with your clients.

For all RDSS testers, or anyone else that wants to see what we've been up to, we've got a live demo up on our site now, www.premierturfclub.com. It's got all the features the live site has (except for the ability to send a wager). Once signed in, you'll be able to test drive the conditional betting queue (and everything else). Within the next few weeks we'll add the ability to upload a file directly into the queue, as well as an auto dutching module (choose your contenders, the software sizes and sends the bets automatically). I'm personally very excited about the file upload;imagine being able to load in all your choices hours, even days in advance and letting our software place the wagers for you.

Feel free to contact me at ian@premierturfclub.com with any questions.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:20 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Regardless of whether you use RDSS or not, I'd like to encourage anyone who is thinking about setting up a Premier Turf Club account to consider doing it sooner rather than later. It seems like there is a reasonable possibility that the number of available tracks to wager will steadily (or quickly) increase, but also a possibility that initial opening deposit requirements may also increase (related post on PaceAdvantage).

I used my PTC account for all my Breeders Cup wagers at Monmouth.

Remember, if you identify yourself as a RDSS user, you'll get $100 per month back when you bet $3000 or more that month.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 11-06-2007, 04:30 PM   #5
chrisl
Grade 3

Cal residents still blocked

Has anything changed in California residents opening a account at PTC?
Thank You Chrisl
Old 11-07-2007, 09:35 AM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Chris, you could always send an email to Ian at PTC. Don't know how often he checks this board.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 11-07-2007, 07:22 PM   #7
chrisl
Grade 3

I have e-mailed Ian in the past about this same Q's. I thought that I was not getting any replys back, later I found out that, his e-mail's, back to me, were for some reason, still unknown, were being tossed out by Comcast my server as spam? So I just use this board to ask. I will get a answer faster than the normal way. I am sure there is something I can do. Every time that I mess with my settings on my computer, I mess something else up..Chrisl
Old 11-08-2007, 09:45 AM   #8
Premier Turf Club
AlwNW1X

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
I have e-mailed Ian in the past about this same Q's. I thought that I was not getting any replys back, later I found out that, his e-mail's, back to me, were for some reason, still unknown, were being tossed out by Comcast my server as spam? So I just use this board to ask. I will get a answer faster than the normal way. I am sure there is something I can do. Every time that I mess with my settings on my computer, I mess something else up..Chrisl
Hi Chris. Yeah, I guess I'm not surprised at being pegged as spam. LOL

Re California. The answer is not yet, the reason being we haven't applied. California is tough because they don't allow residents to get a rebate. Don't quote me on this, but I think it might be a felony as opposed to a misdemeanor. So the $64,000 question is, if we spent the time and money to get licensed in California and couldn't rebate would we attract any customers? If you've got an opinion on this we'd love to hear because honestly I'm not sure.

Regards,
Ian
Old 11-08-2007, 11:15 AM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Ian's point raises a good question for non California residents as well:

If PTC carried all California tracks even if the rebate was 0%, would that be an incentive for residents of other jurisdictions to move some of their action to PTC? For the Breeder's Cup, the rebate was 1% (close enough to 0% to not matter much) but I placed my wagers through PTC to show my support for this operation.

The wagering interface is excellent, providing dutching and batch upload wagering tools which don't yet exist elsewhere, and the customer service has always been great for me. What is really missing, for me, is live video feeds and more track coverage, but it strikes me that this California situation is simply a prototype of what might recurr in state after state to come. I can see no downside to switching my wagering to PTC for each new track/circuit they are able to bring online. For the other tracks, I continue to use my existing, non-rebated, less innovative ADW (HPI).

What is the downside to this approach? I'd encourage California residents to give this a serious think and drop Ian a line.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 11-08-2007, 04:48 PM   #10
chrisl
Grade 3

Rebate/Reward

What is the difference of a rebate verses a reward. TVG has player rewards in which you get monetary reward for how much spent. I am probably way off base here, but are these pretty close to the same? There must be a bold descriptive seperating the two.. Chrisl