Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...)
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) Interactive Teaching & Learning - Race Conditions, Contenders, Pacelines, Advanced Concepts, Betting ...

Old 11-16-2013, 09:58 AM   #21
Bill V.
The egg man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appy View Post
I noticed in one of the screenshots above that the little fractional "pace of the race" boxes populated with the blue adj POR figures. I have never seen that thing operational on my setup. Is that a bonus of the New Pace app?
No Appy

Its a staple of RDSS Its from Jim Bradshaw and Richie P from the Match Up
RDSS2 is allowing us to project the pace of race .
Here is a screen shot of Isabella Swift.
Since she ran the fastest pace of last race and was on the lead, I have hovered my mouse over the 46.4 second call.

When I right mouse click on the 46.4
It fills in the POR box over the fractions and highlights any
similar POR Isabella has ran against.

Name:  POR.PNG
Views: 627
Size:  98.8 KB
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #22
kahunab
Grade 2

Quote:
I noticed in one of the screenshots above that the little fractional "pace of the race" boxes populated with the blue adj POR figures. I have never seen that thing operational on my setup. Is that a bonus of the New Pace app?
No, you can add that number by right clicking on the past performance number you want in the box. If you think the second call will be 45.2 then find a sprint 2nd call of 45.2. I do it to see how the early's compare by eye.

'Something magical happens when you bring together a group of people from different disciplines with a common purpose.' Mark Stefik Palo Alto Research Centre Fellow
kahunab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #23
Appy
Grade 1

As you go through the entries choosing a paceline, do you use only the fractions from your chosen paceline, or do you use the fastest fraction the horse has registered in the past 90 days? What is your criteria for choosing which fraction you enter?
Then you continue from horse to horse to find which horse will run the fastest for each fraction, and same for final time, correct?
I really like this little feature and have lamented that I didn't know how to make it work. It worked great yesterday until my power went out! Heh.
Thanks for your help guys. I can't get enough of this stuff.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #24
Segwin
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahunab View Post

Note now the Early Speed points of the top 3 early point horses. They total 21 points.
Where are you picking the numbers up from Dick? It looks to me that the early numbers of the three horses = 19??
Old 11-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #25
kahunab
Grade 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segwin View Post
Where are you picking the numbers up from Dick? It looks to me that the early numbers of the three horses = 19??
The two F(ighters) each have 7 and the EP has 7 for a total of 21. The numbers can come from other than early horses.

Here is a link to a good overview of what the speed points are and what they mean from Dr. Quirin's Research.

http://www.homebased2.com/km/pdf/Qui...d%20Points.pdf

'Something magical happens when you bring together a group of people from different disciplines with a common purpose.' Mark Stefik Palo Alto Research Centre Fellow
Old 11-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #26
kahunab
Grade 2

Quote:
As you go through the entries choosing a paceline, do you use only the fractions from your chosen paceline, or do you use the fastest fraction the horse has registered in the past 90 days? What is your criteria for choosing which fraction you enter?
Then you continue from horse to horse to find which horse will run the fastest for each fraction, and same for final time, correct?
I really like this little feature and have lamented that I didn't know how to make it work. It worked great yesterday until my power went out! Heh.
Thanks for your help guys. I can't get enough of this stuff.
Appy, I am not as proficient at the match up some others like Ritchie P. However, if I have several earlys, I set first and second call times so that I can do a check on the numbers I am getting for the early horses. I do most of my match up work from the segments screen. That seems to work best for me and gives me the most consistent results.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #27
Segwin
Grade 1

Thanks for the PDF link Dick.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:11 PM   #28
ignacio todoberto bernal
Grade 1

Send a message via Yahoo to ignacio todoberto bernal
Great example of the MATCH-UP using RDSS tools instead of the Racing Form...........

thanks Kahunab....ignacio
ignacio todoberto bernal is offline   Reply With Quote