Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 10-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #1
Giahorse
OC

Off tracks?

Hello

I like to bet at the track and can only go on the weekends, I love Belmont and a few other east coast track, I not to happy with off tracks but if I want to go tomorrow I have no choice,

Aside from see if the horse runs well of an off track and looking at breeding a little is there any other way to deal with off tracks, I'm also sure that the turf races will be off to and there my favorite. I no some will say just be the tracks that are not off or wait to next weekend, but if that's not an options does anyone have any thoughts,

Thanks

Gia
Old 10-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #2
Lt1
Grade 1

I handicap off tracks the same way I do fast. Naturally I will use an off track line if available for the horse. Most of the time the best horses will be there unless they have proven that they do well on off tracks. It also helps to have a track model for off tracks since at some tracks there is a marked difference how the track plays when wet.
Lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #3
Giahorse
OC

Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
I handicap off tracks the same way I do fast. Naturally I will use an off track line if available for the horse. Most of the time the best horses will be there unless they have proven that they do well on off tracks. It also helps to have a track model for off tracks since at some tracks there is a marked difference how the track plays when wet.

Thanks

You said you handicap off tracks the same, and try to use off tracks lines, what about if a horse has run 1 or 2 races on the off track and done poorly do you not use him, ? Also if the horse has never been on an off track do you just to normal paceline selection and hope he does ok

Last edited by Giahorse; 10-11-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Giahorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #4
Lt1
Grade 1

If he is a contender keep him a make a note that the off track maybe a problem. Depending on what the readouts and my track model show as well as odds will determine if I downgrade it or not.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #5
Lt1
Grade 1

I should clarified that I will use an off track line if it is the best of the last 3 comparable. If not then I use a fast track line.