Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 01-17-2007, 06:23 PM   #1
admin
Administrator

PaceAdvantage Post

Hi

I am sorry that my post on Pace Advantage stired up
some dirt about Doc and some doubts about Jim and Doc's ability

I posted that thread with the thought that I might help some people
That is my true reason for having Pace and Cap

I feel that a friendly place to talk, learn share and teach
winning methods is what Doc would want me to do
as far as keeping the methodoloy spirit alive

I was going to blast away on PA but there is no need to
I would rather just stay my course and win races
with the methodology My goal is to have some place for
people to go Just like when Richie told me about the methodology in
1997 I was in trouble and I had the methodology and his friendship
and I learned what to do .
That spirit is my goal for US
not fighting with EXPERTS

GOOD SKILL
to all my friends here

BILL
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:36 PM   #2
tompkins
Grade 1

Yokels only know what they hear from those jealous wannabes, who never garned the attention of the world like Howard did and NEVER have TRIED his tools. I often get into it with others about the methodology but they are so non-conversant it is readily obvious that they have had NO experience with the use of the programs or never have any intention of seeing it's strength for themselves. Of course these same idiots want you to buy their Sartin clones at the same time knocking the original. I will just stay with champagne while they can have their cheap knock off beer. I have found NOTHING comes close to these ideas and they have remained on the front lines of handicapping logic for over 25 years now.

Let the idiot's go on while we have the strength of what we know works.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:29 PM   #3
partsnut
BetMix User

Thumbs up

Bill, It would be a waste of your time to dignify your detractors with any response on the afformentioned group.
I've been around horse players for about 51 years and found for the most part, you can't teach most of them anything. They are like horses and follow the herd.
Pace and Cap' has very unique membership and a very giving team of administrators. I hold my membership in high esteem. There are those here that are willing to listen and learn.

The site you are referring to is for the most part is predicated to the sale of figures and software. When you try to show them something they will knock it no matter how good it might be. How does the old saying go: " You don't wash someone elses face so it will be cleaner then yours". I know of many people that have been driven off that site.

Bill, don't sweat the small sh_t.

I speak for many when I say, thank you for your good works.
I include Ritchie as well. You've both been great.

Last edited by partsnut; 01-17-2007 at 08:32 PM. Reason: spelling
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:42 AM   #4
chris
Grade 1

Ignorance is their crown.

Bill,

I suspect you're a sensitive person and the comments on PA may have struck you as arbitrary and harsh. I'm sure you're aware that PA began as an interesting cite and was one of the first bulletin boards on the webb for handicappers to exchange views. Unfortunately, with few exceptions, it's degenerated into a forum spiced by posturing, strutting, and bombastic rhetoric about everything except handicapping. A real shame, I used to find some gems over their.

Neverthess, you're to be commended for your efforts, but more important, acknowledged for defining the tenor of discourse on this board; less opinion, more fact and examples, and always in a gentle and soft voice. That goes for your co-conspirator as well, and for all the others that post here - we might be on to something.

Understand the desire to spread the good word. When approached at the track, depending on how the question was asked, was more than willing to discuss my understanding of the Sartin Methodology. May have enlightened a few, but probably confused many more. The elegance of explaining a methodology to someone is that it forces one to distill the the message into its essential essence - attention spans at the track are not long. And the essence of those few words will always be there when I need them. It's a form of self talk, practiced in a public arena.

Thanks for a Pace n Cap.

Regards,
Chris
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:14 AM   #5
Houndog
Grade 1

No Apologies Needed

Bill, you do not have to be sorry in any way for what people on the PA Board post. You were just trying to help people out who may have been interested in learning more about the Match-Up.

Even though I enjoy some of the posts on PA and have learned from them, more often than not it tends to be a breeding ground for "flaming wars". I could not agree more with what Tomkins, Parts, and Chris have already posted on this thread.

Bill, your BBS is and always will be my main source for acquiring handicapping knowledge. Thanks for making this board available to us.-----Houndog.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:20 AM   #6
JimG
Grade 1

Bill,

You have an excellent board here and have no need to apologize for anything. The mission of this board and PA's is different. PA's board is more broad in general, and as such attracts many different types of horseplayers. Many with big ego's (what good player does not have a healthy ego?), and some who maybe tried the Sartin principles, but without success.

The mission of your board is clear, to help people using the Sartin methodology. As such, the tenor of your board is very different. Personally, I enjoy both boards immensely and feel they both have a significant place in cyberspace.
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:58 PM   #7
emilio840
Grade 1

Bill

There is a big difference between this site and PA. This site here is more friendly. While the other one is LOUD.

I guess thats where "[B][I]ROWDY BUNCH FROM THE RACE TRACK HANG OUT.

[I][B]

I am not putting it down I do enjoy reading some of the stuff they have on their BB. I am just stating that it is loud. THE ROWDY BUNCH HAVE TO HANG AROUND SOMEWHERE AFTER THE RACES.

emilio
emilio840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:15 PM   #8
admin
Administrator

To my friends here

Your word mean so much to me. I wish everybody
a great fun winning life. Love and happy times
and sharing with friends

Bill
Old 01-21-2007, 11:44 AM   #9
tompkins
Grade 1

Howard is getting a really unfair grilling. Now we are hearing that he was somehow in jail?

BOTTOM LINE: what would it matter?
Old 01-21-2007, 04:44 PM   #10
admin
Administrator

past

If It is so we will find out The poster who made the staement is on the clock to provide proof
What ever becomes of it I don't care. I have totally screwed up in my life
and worked my way back from serious trouble
If I were to write the book of Binder there are bad times in my past
Funny how thanks to Doc I can look at myself and say without him
I would be in real trouble.
what ever the reason he started the methodology I am
totally indebted to him
Bill