Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2017, 07:11 PM   #1
The Pook
Grade 1

"NO EARLY in OTE" PATTERN

Have any of my fellow matchers found success playing races with zero early speed? Like the kind that Richie P has been posting. You know, where no horse wants or has ever had a lead at the first call.

This is one thing I have been thinking of adding to my pattern arsenal but have been reluctant. It is difficult to project paces in these races. Do you project a pace or take a different approach? The idea is to try and find the horse that will reluctantly be on the lead, discard that one and maybe any that may be too close to the pace. Then go for those best positioned to take over.

There aren't many of these but I think I will make a serious effort to look for and play them. Maybe others have some ideas on whether these races are too chaotic, the hit rate is too low, or not worth the time or whatever. From what I've seen happen in Richie's OTE race posts they look promising with some good prices.

I would like to give it a few months and report back using what I think could work along with ideas that others have for this approach. I have had good success with other patterns over years and would like to add another. This particular one seems like it could be difficult but we will see.

Thanks for any insights,
Pook
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote