Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 08-02-2007, 06:06 PM   #21
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooFan View Post
  • Are you specific about this: FAST Early sprinters and/or FAST Early Pressers?
  • Lines 3,4, and 5 the winner's past performance shows he like's 46's.
  • Line 2, he did good against a 44's.
  • Last line, he tanked against 45's.
  • So did you DISREGARD that last line because his NORMAL is 46's?
  • Did you also DISREGARD Line 2 because he simply OVERACHIEVED in that race and that is not his normal fractions? I probably would have MIS- applied the "Hat Helper" because of that last line BASED on Line 2. Thanks Richie.
VoodooFan
Hi Voodoo,
It looks like the 4 had problems at the start in that last race. I am attaching the pp's with the comment.

Having said that it would not have mattered to me if there was no trouble ok?

THIS race I needed a FAST O.T.E. horse.

I happened to catch the matching lines from Kee on the 3 and 4, saw the 4 killing off the 3, then noticed the FIRST CALL times of the 4 when he ran well
(lines 2,3,4) and I had my horse.

Voodoo I got to THIS race and THIS horse quickly for ONE reason:

I LOOK for these races along with my other spot plays ok? I LOOK for them.

When I look through cards of races I quickly PASS races that "have not run before POSITIVELY" in my mind" ok?

When I DO happen upon a race with that "good feeling" I now have more time to FOCUS on things I have been taught to look for and do. Things I have posted here in this forum.

I do EXACTLY what I have posted here Voodoo.

When Hat finally got me to understand looking O.T.E. in THIS race type and I hit a couple of real nice winners "it was on" so to speak. It was added to my spot plays and it has paid off.

Yes I do look foolish when an early wins and I toss him BUT only betting ONE horse allows me to get back in the mix QUICKLY with a double digit winner.

The other side of the coin is I throw horses OUT immediately who would be top rated contenders by the vast majority of cappers and who have NO chance to win the race.

here is the screenshot of the 4's pp's including comments on lower half.
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2007, 10:36 PM   #22
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
I LOOK for these races along with my other spot plays ok? I LOOK for them.

When I look through cards of races I quickly PASS races that "have not run before POSITIVELY" in my mind" ok?
THAT takes Disipline. Learning the MatchUp, we just want to tear into races. Should be looking at races for the above quoted reason; to solidify patterns , looking at race cards as an INTERACTIVE learning lab. As I write this, trying to get my mind wrapped around doing just this , consistantly, but boy, it's hard.
  • But keying in on races you KNOW you can win is the elementary steps to MatchUp confidence. You are an example of that, Richie.
  • Also, DEEPER analysis of a horse is necessary. I see that that LAST line was, in fact , a GOOD race. The horse is NORMALLY 6th to 9th position back, he maintained POSITION and BEATEN lengths against a pace he doesnt normally handle, in addition to PASSING horses against 109's and finishing 5th. TODAY, we are looking for the best Other-than-Early. Good insight, Richie, Thank You.
VoodooFan
Quote:
"Richie never 2nd guesses, or ask "what if", but learns the concept I am teaching. This is one why he has learned and he is one of my best students. He is my pride and joy and best pal."
Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw