Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 01-31-2014, 01:44 PM   #61
Bill V.
The egg man

Today 5 years ago

We all miss him and owe him so much .
He touched so many lives He inspired so many to learn to love and help themselves. He left us with the fruits of his life's work.

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:54 PM   #62
Lt1
Grade 1

Well said Bill. Rest in peace Doc.
Lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:09 PM   #63
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Howard Sartin's influence on horse racing has been profound. Even if many people don't know what the heck he was talking about, they sense that it was important and that he influenced, even inspired many smart people (and even some of us not so smart, but at least enthusiastic!)

This website and this community (and several other horse racing communities), and all the friends we've made - online and in person - are his legacy. Quite an accomplishment in a lifetime!

Thank you Doc, memories of all the good times and conversations.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:40 PM   #64
Ryan.p.coli
Grade 1

I am just recently familiarizing myself with Doc Sartin, so you'll have to excuse my late replies...

I think the journey in which he took to creating the methodology may be the most impressive piece of the story. He's the model contrarian IMO

Think about it... the entire methodology is based around contrarian betting... almost ironic that he took the same approach to psychology.

Almost every other therapist out there would've tried to convince their patients to stop betting... but he took a contrarian approach there too... and just turned them all into winners.

I'm disappointed that I never met him or saw him speak. Sometimes timing just doesn't work out.

To Doc Sartin's family: Take comfort in the fact that his legacy lives on. He certainly has made a positive impact on me. The next generation of horseplayers owes a great debt to your family.
Ryan.p.coli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:25 AM   #65
JaneAir
Maiden

Rest in Peace!
Old 09-13-2016, 03:41 PM   #66
delayjf
Grade 3

I was up in Beaumont last week and took a ride down memory lane. Drove past the the old PIRCO location on 6th street - remembering the good old days.

Can anyone confirm that the restaurant where the Sartin group held their seminars is on Beaumont Blvd? If so, the restaurant is now called Juan Pollo's
[IMG]C:\Users\jfdelay\Pictures[/IMG]

[IMG]C:\Users\jfdelay\Pictures[/IMG]
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 04:35 PM   #67
atkinsrr
Grade 1

delay thanks for the post and reminder...I just clicked onto RDSS and in front of me on my desk is Follow Up issue 44 that I took off my bookshelf last night and was reading...I have all of the F.U.'s and am periodically reading thru them so that I can re-read things that I sometimes forget. I'm am so glad that I bought them all because re-reading them really keeps me on the path of success, in racing and in life...had a great Saratoga meet...now awaiting the BC prep races and the Breeders Cup. S.A. is one of my fav tracks to hcp and bet,,,,can't wait...
atkinsrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:01 PM   #68
delayjf
Grade 3

Good to hear someone tamed Saratoga - curious did you success come from certain types of races or circumstances or were you hitting on all cylinders.

Can you see the pictures I posted or do I need instructions on how to post pictures?
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:56 PM   #69
atkinsrr
Grade 1

most of my hcp and wagers are on stakes races and turf races...do wager on dirt if they are graded stakes over 8.5 f
Old 09-13-2016, 05:57 PM   #70
atkinsrr
Grade 1

no I didn't see the pictures