Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Old 10-16-2006, 01:54 PM   #1
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Thumbs up Your indulgence is requested , Mr. Bradshaw

I truly wonder how many people TRULY know what the MatchUp is and how viscerously and carnally powerful it is?
I can only go by my own experience with discovering what the MatchUp is, so here goes.
When I recieved the 1st issue of the FollowUp, it was packed with authors and tools for use to win races. I seen your first article on the MatchUp, and simply thought, "another good article on getting contenders".
When the Beginners Manual came out, with accompaning audio, I heard you do the MatchUp for the first time, then I said to myself," ah-ha, that's what the MatchUp is. After tryin it a few weeks, and failing, I simply concluded that Doc brought this "guy" in to stress and illustrate emphasis on contender selection before putting them into your computer and that some of this "guy's" talent is in the programs.
THEN came the PaceLine Manual with audio,"so THISis the MatchUp,[/i]
and I was hooked every since.
One thing about you lecturing on the MatchUp I noticed, you kept folks focused on the MatchUp. Other teachers are good, but there was always back and forth debate about this trainer, jockey, class up or down, speed ratings, earnings per start, 3rd fractions, percent median, top 3 in factor w, but what about "this" line or "that" line, "well maybe "this" or "that", etc,.
In the MatchUp lecture, once you gave 2 or 3 reasons why a horse did not matchup, that horse might as well not been born. There was no doubt among the class. Most of the time there was silence, 'cause the MatchUp DEFINITELYthrew the horse out with no shot.
The questions were ONLY focused on the MatchUp.
So,.........I've got 23 tapes, each tape has exactly how many minutes of the MatchUp lecture is on it, 99.9% of you talking. Most are 4 to 11 minutes long, so you can listen and decide at your leisure.
7 of them have races to follow along. At their worst, very entertaining. Every one of the tapes has a good MatchUp point you make. I hope you can listen to them , and decide which should be posted now, some later, some never. I don't listen to them now, for I believe I was tryin things too advanced in the MatchUp, which could hurt a persons development. I am just focusing on the basics of this "Hat check" forum.
I'm prepared to send them any way you want them delivered to any mail drop or address you prefer.
This is Good stuff. Hopefull, one day, when RichieP and the Italian Mafia get to level of MatchUp proficency, you can make a video or dvd MatchUp seminar with the forum or just the Italian Mafia,JUST ONE LAST TIME. I kick myself for not attending that MatchUp workshop you had in Beaumont with the Doc, exclusively about the MatchUp only.
Even if some are outdated, some have good solid MatchUp philosophy.........after listening to tapes, and I don't know if you've heard yourself at seminars, I believe your're going to have to say on some of these tapes, " yep, that was a good one Hat, they should at least hear this one."
Quote:
"Richie never 2nd guesses, or ask "what if", but learns the concept I am teaching. This is one why he has learned and he is one of my best students. He is my pride and joy and best pal."
Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw
VoodooFan is offline   Reply With Quote