Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Races of Interest
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Races of Interest *Detailed* Discussion of Races – Screen shots, decisions, post-mortems

Old 12-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #11
Appy
Grade 1

Grrrr. Missed seeing it, thanks to a long incoming phone call. But speaking of calls, looks like I made a good call on this race.
Have to find a replay.
Was it a wire job by Strapping Groom, or did he have to catch at second call?
Old 12-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #12
Segwin
Grade 1

Hey Appy - we got it with the 4-6.

What's funny is the Exacta paid a whopping 8.00 clams. I was a bit off on my estimate.
Attached Images

Old 12-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #13
clore1030
Grade 1

That was a great price for that exacta. I just watched the race. I tend to play fast tracks only and have certain odds requirements, so I've yet to wager on the inner dirt track yet.

Heck, I only made nine wagers during the Aqueduct Fall meeting on their main track.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #14
Appy
Grade 1

$8.00 for an exacta isn't good enough to sell me a ticket.
Battier last. I had that part right too. But it wasn't the wire job I expected.
Not a bad trifecta for $52.00 if you had Abra in there.
Oh well, maybe next time.

Need to see how Ted is coming with that pick 5 he was working on...
Old 12-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #15
Appy
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by clore1030 View Post
That was a great price for that exacta. I just watched the race. I tend to play fast tracks only and have certain odds requirements, so I've yet to wager on the inner dirt track yet.

Heck, I only made nine wagers during the Aqueduct Fall meeting on their main track.
Sounds like you're a big fan of Charles Town and Delta, and Remington?
Old 12-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #16
Lt1
Grade 1

Track changed today. All week it favored sp at 6f today changed to ep. Think it may have been closer to fast then good.
Lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #17
clore1030
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appy View Post
Sounds like you're a big fan of Charles Town and Delta, and Remington?
No - I only play the NYRA circuit. I handicap every day, keep my records up-to-date and just wait for the overlays. This year at the Belmont Fall meet, my first wager resulted in a 56 dollar winner. That was enough for me and I only made one other bet which gave me a 25 dollar winner. I just handicapped for the rest of the meet - didn't wager at all. I'm long past needing the action and quite content to just take the money and run.

I was a little busier at the Aqueduct main track meet, nine wagers and five winners. I've learned that it pays to listen to the gut. Yes, I may toss out a few winners, but it also steers me away from many more losers.

I model using the categories on the BL screen. I look for situations where at a given distance, I have 40% or more winners coming from at least two factors - say EP and CPR. Then I wait for horses that will pay 4/1 or more.

If a certain distance doesn't come up with stats to suit my requirements, then I just don't wager. I'm not trying to be clever, I'm trying to cash tickets. I still have the fun of handicapping each race day and if I pass a winner or two, no big deal, there's always tomorrow.

All my stats come from fast track races, and nothing below a 20K claimer - again, the intent is to weed out the greatest number of questionable situations. If there are two unknowns in a race (such as no dirt form or horses with long layoffs), then I just pass the race.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #18
Bill V.
The egg man

bravo

Quote:
Originally Posted by clore1030 View Post
No - I only play the NYRA circuit. I handicap every day, keep my records up-to-date and just wait for the overlays. This year at the Belmont Fall meet, my first wager resulted in a 56 dollar winner. That was enough for me and I only made one other bet which gave me a 25 dollar winner. I just handicapped for the rest of the meet - didn't wager at all. I'm long past needing the action and quite content to just take the money and run.

I was a little busier at the Aqueduct main track meet, nine wagers and five winners. I've learned that it pays to listen to the gut. Yes, I may toss out a few winners, but it also steers me away from many more losers.

I model using the categories on the BL screen. I look for situations where at a given distance, I have 40% or more winners coming from at least two factors - say EP and CPR. Then I wait for horses that will pay 4/1 or more.

If a certain distance doesn't come up with stats to suit my requirements, then I just don't wager. I'm not trying to be clever, I'm trying to cash tickets. I still have the fun of handicapping each race day and if I pass a winner or two, no big deal, there's always tomorrow.

All my stats come from fast track races, and nothing below a 20K claimer - again, the intent is to weed out the greatest number of questionable situations. If there are two unknowns in a race (such as no dirt form or horses with long layoffs), then I just pass the race.
Bravo
This is a big Gold star outline of a winner !
Clore please check your private messages

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #19
clore1030
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
Bravo
This is a big Gold star outline of a winner !
Clore please check your private messages

Bill
I've done so, I've sent one back to you.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #20
clore1030
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
Track changed today. All week it favored sp at 6f today changed to ep. Think it may have been closer to fast then good.
Goodness - the fifth straight day that the track has been labeled "good." I only play and model "fast" tracks so I feel all dressed up with nowhere to go. It's about 70 degrees outside, that should have dried things up.

Last edited by clore1030; 12-22-2013 at 02:41 PM.